Beats Music Service

jhulud

From what I understand the goal is to be like Spotify but with more focus on curated lists to your taste and music discovery. 

Have yet to try it.

To me, the incentive to stream monthly is to not have to worry about maintaining a music library and having access to the same playlists across multiple devices. I don't really fuck with digital mp3 or anything anymore. Either streaming service or vinyl. 

Although it's something Trent Reznor has been spearheading and involved with, I'm not that much of a fanboy to buy into it. And that's what I fail to comprehend. What's the incentive in paying a monthly fee to stream music?

It doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm old and jaded.

I can't be bothered with downloading MP3s, correcting tags, worrying about storage space, moving files from device to device and all that goes along with owning digital music anymore. For me, music streaming services have been the greatest thing since the creation of the Internet. Being able to listen to essentially ANY album ever released whenever I want makes the small monthly fee more than worth it. I used to like the idea of having ownership of my digital music, but I just don't think it's practical any longer.

I'm a Mog user since I was given a lifetime subscription, but with Beats buying them out I'm probably going to have to find an alternative. My wife is a Spotify user and loves it, but I'm leaning towards Google Play All Access. I might give Beats a try though. I'm curious to hear some reviews.