Vaginyl Collective Redux (Men view at their own risk).

-tess.

the closest to me are my hottie pattoties down in texas.  therefore, we should probably do austin city limits one year.

I'm going to be in Colorado and Nebraska this summer, but that's as far North as it goes. Really looking forward to spending a week + in Colorado though. You'll have to tell me all the places we should go.  ;)

one of my best friends from high school lives in the castro in san francisco (he and his boyfriend are getting married in december and i get to photograph it and i am SOEXCITEDGUYYYSSSS) and my best guy friend was out there for a conference for grad school, so he visited him.  friend from san francisco took my extremely straight visiting friend out to a gay bar with him, and extremely straight friend was extremely disappointed that no gay guys hit on him. 'am i not good looking?! i'm ok looking right?!' oh, honey. please look at that untucked plaid button-up, loose fitting jeans, and non-descript 40-year-old-man brown comfort dress shoes you're constantly wearing.

those dudes probably took one look at him and were like 'nooooot even wasting my time. straightest man on the planet.' it was just hilarious that he was mildly hurt and offended that he didn't get hit on.

Absolutely, my friend said she went to one in Colombus last week. Bruise ain't about that life?

There are a ton of fun gay bars in Columbus.  A couple of years ago I made it back east to visit friends going from Ohio to DC to Delaware to Philly and then Pittsburgh.  Swear all we did was go to gay bars so we call it the Gay Bar Tour of 2012.  Never danced so much in my life during those 10 days.  It was awesome.

There are a ton of fun gay bars in Columbus. A couple of years ago I made it back east to visit friends going from Ohio to DC to Delaware to Philly and then Pittsburgh. Swear all we did was go to gay bars so we call it the Gay Bar Tour of 2012. Never danced so much in my life during those 10 days. It was awesome.

Sounds like a good time. I'm going to Chicago for a weekend in a month and want to hit up one there. I'm kinda scared?

ladies i need some more advice.

i don't meet a lot of new people, and when i do it's usually at a party or a friend's house. and whenever i meet someone that i think is interesting that i'd like to get to know better, they talk to me until they meet one of my better looking friends and focus all of their attention on them. it's happened countless times. i think i am a funny and interesting person, but iam not that physically attractive compared to my friends, and i have resigned to the fact that anyone i have a crush on is going to have a crush on one of my friends instead. it's really hard to have my hopes crushed time after time. what do i do?

I know how you feel. Someone once told me that I was 'the personality' and my friend was 'the looks' and if we could combine, we'd make the perfect girlfriend. That was almost a decade ago and I'll never forget it.

If the connection isn't there, it isn't there and they aren't worth your time. I would try other ways to meet new people, where the focus would be more on you and them, instead of a party setting. A lot of people have had success with dating websites. Theres also meetup.com, which is more for finding people with the same interests as you, instead of strictly dating. I just think if you feel shadowed by your friends, try doing your own thing!

yeah, i've been told almost the exact same thing.

i think i'm known in my circle of friends as "the funny one" and i often find myself at the head of group conversations, making everyone else laugh. but no one seems to find that compelling.

i've tried online dating off and on for the last year but it's just as frustrating. when i don't put a photo up i get tons of messages based just on my profile, and as soon as i put up a picture they stop sending or replying to my messages.

there was a few people who i had a great online conversation with so i decided to meet them in person and i think they were disappointed in how i looked when they met me. i live in a small city so the well is basically dry.

Wow. I knew people were shallow, but that's just fucking mean. If you have a good head on your shoulders and a loving heart then that is all that should really matter. I would say keep at it. Online dating can be beneficial because you can really get to know someone without actually meeting them. Also what Dani said, try going it alone and see if you can get someone's attention. It's always more attractive to have someone you can talk and relate to, then someone who is good looking that you have nothing in common with. I guess most people are just looking for a physical attraction and don't want a real relationship, but they won't get far because looks fade and your personality is forever.