Vaginyl Collective Redux (Men view at their own risk).

-tess.

My school gym has a swimming pool and I love swimming laps. Definitely a ton of fun!

That's awesome!! I love swimming, plus it's the best workout you can get. All the pools near me, you have to pay to get in, and I'm cheap. It sucks. 

thank you! <3

You're welcome! I followed you back. I need some good food ideas. :) 

I'd like to see a list and/or pictures! :)

& congrats on working out and all, what have you been doing?

my weight won't budge no matter what i do lol

I started with dumbbells! I found some dumbbell exercises on pinterest and did those for a month or so in the morning before i showered. Really started to see more definition and toning which only motivated me to consistently do it and eventually add cardio!

I'm going to have to steal some of your pins Lauryn!

My friends took my phone last night and asked if they could download Tinder. I said "yeah, sure, whatever." And they told some guy he probably has a tiny dick and he responded by telling me that I'm fat, ugly, have terrible taste in music, and should stop dressing so punk because I don't know what punk is.

I'll cut him!!!! 

You're welcome! I followed you back. I need some good food ideas. :)

I'm not sure what you're restrictions are, if any, but the best advice I've been given is from a book called "everyday paleo" and it says that when going food shopping, to stay as close to the perimeter (with the exception being the bakery) as possible. the more time you spend in the aisles, the higher your consumption of processed foods will be. the only things I go to the aisles for are the organic frozen fruits, protein powder (gluten free), brown rice, soy-free soy sauce, quinoa pasta, unsweetened tomato sauce, and lemon juice.

I replace 1 meal a day with a shake (breakfast) and I choose to put in 1/2 cup of any 3 fruits or vegs along with 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 2 tsp magnesium (I'm deficient), 2 tsp ground chia seeds, and 1 scoop of pro reds (equal to 5 servings of vegs). this is what I use the organic frozen fruits for since I like smoothies better than shakes lol.

I have a bunch of high protein/veg meals if you're interested in hearing some! I just don't wanna go off about meat if by chance you don't eat certai ones haha.

I started with dumbbells! I found some dumbbell exercises on pinterest and did those for a month or so in the morning before i showered. Really started to see more definition and toning which only motivated me to consistently do it and eventually add cardio!

Whats the weight of the dumbells you're using?

I have 2 3lb handweights, and with jillian michaels, she uses your own body weight and leg muscles all at the same time with the hand weights so I end up feeling like I'm lifting 3lbs + my weight haha. It hurts me.

Whats the weight of the dumbells you're using?

I have 2 3lb handweights, and with jillian michaels, she uses your own body weight and leg muscles all at the same time with the hand weights so I end up feeling like I'm lifting 3lbs + my weight haha. It hurts me.

I have two 12lbs ones that I do most of my dumbbells with and then two 5lbs ankle weights. If that seems like a lot it's just because that's what I had haha. I'm sure any amount will be great. I do this cycle pretty religiously every other day: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/222998619024956762/

And this helped me understand muscle groups and how to pair your workouts A LOT: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/222998619020460567/

I tailor my workouts a lot according to how much strength I have. Some days I'll use my 5lb weights instead of the 12 and do more reps if I'm tired (i'm anemic).  It's all about just moving yo' body!

I have two 12lbs ones that I do most of my dumbbells with and then two 5lbs ankle weights. If that seems like a lot it's just because that's what I had haha. I'm sure any amount will be great. I do this cycle pretty religiously every other day: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/222998619024956762/

And this helped me understand muscle groups and how to pair your workouts A LOT: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/222998619020460567/

I tailor my workouts a lot according to how much strength I have. Some days I'll use my 5lb weights instead of the 12 and do more reps if I'm tired (i'm anemic).  It's all about just moving yo' body!

damn!!! thats amazing haha. there are a lot of variations on there that i am currently doing, but i'm going to do more of those for sure!

I'm not sure what you're restrictions are, if any, but the best advice I've been given is from a book called "everyday paleo" and it says that when going food shopping, to stay as close to the perimeter (with the exception being the bakery) as possible. the more time you spend in the aisles, the higher your consumption of processed foods will be. the only things I go to the aisles for are the organic frozen fruits, protein powder (gluten free), brown rice, soy-free soy sauce, quinoa pasta, unsweetened tomato sauce, and lemon juice.

I replace 1 meal a day with a shake (breakfast) and I choose to put in 1/2 cup of any 3 fruits or vegs along with 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 2 tsp magnesium (I'm deficient), 2 tsp ground chia seeds, and 1 scoop of pro reds (equal to 5 servings of vegs). this is what I use the organic frozen fruits for since I like smoothies better than shakes lol.

I have a bunch of high protein/veg meals if you're interested in hearing some! I just don't wanna go off about meat if by chance you don't eat certai ones haha.

Basically sticking to whole foods like meats, veggies and fruits. Staying low on carbs, dairy and no sugar. Essentially a paleo/whole30 type diet. I stick to fruit/veggie smoothies in the morning and keep plenty of nuts, veggies and fruits for snacks. I can eat all meats, pork, chicken and beef mostly, and seafood whenever we go out to eat. I've been avoiding any breads and pastas and will rarely have rice. I do most of my shopping at Trader Joes which helps a lot, because they keep it simple and cater really well to that kind of diet. I just have to keep an eye out for added sugars. That's the toughest part..well, besides living with a BF who is a picky eater. lol 

Basically sticking to whole foods like meats, veggies and fruits. Staying low on carbs, dairy and no sugar. Essentially a paleo/whole30 type diet. I stick to fruit/veggie smoothies in the morning and keep plenty of nuts, veggies and fruits for snacks. I can eat all meats, pork, chicken and beef mostly, and seafood whenever we go out to eat. I've been avoiding any breads and pastas and will rarely have rice. I do most of my shopping at Trader Joes which helps a lot, because they keep it simple and cater really well to that kind of diet. I just have to keep an eye out for added sugars. That's the toughest part..well, besides living with a BF who is a picky eater. lol 

It looks like we're doing the same thing!

I'm kind of at a crossroads because my naturepath wants me to have a small amount of carbs, which I'm not used to. I bought this small loaf of bread from an organic gluten free bakery and have been putting some almond butter and natural no sugar added jam on it. But not too often.

How many meals are you having in a day? I'm trying to do 4 or 5, but it's hard for me since I'm not a big eater to begin with (which is another reason why my metabolism is shot outside of my thyroid disease). So since I'm trying to eat more, I've been eating a lot more veggies as meals. So far it's working out well, but I have restrictions as far as what raw veggies I can have.

Erik doesn't like zucchini or squash at all for that matter, but he still includes it in our meals since he knows how much I love it. He's found that if you slice the zucchini and put it in the convection oven with a little avocado oil and pepper, it comes out at a perfect consistency. Not raw, but definitely not mushy. So thats definitely something I recommend doing if you like zucchini! I eat an entire one to myself at most dinners lol.

Oh & idk if you remember those chicken wings madie and logan told me about for the superbowl, but we've been making that sauce for chicken breasts at dinner time and it's sooooo good. I tweaked the recipe a little so it fits within the paleo lifestyle. It's my favorite lol.

Do you eat nightshades?

I only eat bell peppers, tomatoes and sometimes white potatoes (but trying to substitute mostly with sweet potatoes) out of the nightshade group. I do like eggplant, but David hates it so I don't even bother trying to make any. 

I guess I am eating about 4 meals a day. A shake in the morning, then a snack, lunch and dinner. The first week made me feel really hungry all the time, but once I got used to it, I started feeling less hungry in the evenings. Probably all the protein and veggies I pack into my dinners. Oh, and I also eat beans every now and again. I forgot about that one. Even though I know it's not paleo, hummus and veggies is one of my favorite things, but I'm trying to limit it!

Yeah! I've tried the chicken wing recipe. It's really really good and I plan on making it again tomorrow night with some chicken thighs. I love all veggies, and I've seen those stuffed zucchini recipes that look amazing!! I also made some spaghetti squash this past week and I actually liked it. Kinda surprised myself there, because spaghetti is my all time favorite meal. 

Also, I've been making my own raw snack bars. Very similar to Lara bars just homemade. They are so easy and delicious, so I'm obsessed with them now! It helps a lot with the sweet cravings. 

I only eat bell peppers, tomatoes and sometimes white potatoes (but trying to substitute mostly with sweet potatoes) out of the nightshade group. I do like eggplant, but David hates it so I don't even bother trying to make any. 

I guess I am eating about 4 meals a day. A shake in the morning, then a snack, lunch and dinner. The first week made me feel really hungry all the time, but once I got used to it, I started feeling less hungry in the evenings. Probably all the protein and veggies I pack into my dinners. Oh, and I also eat beans every now and again. I forgot about that one. Even though I know it's not paleo, hummus and veggies is one of my favorite things, but I'm trying to limit it!

Yeah! I've tried the chicken wing recipe. It's really really good and I plan on making it again tomorrow night with some chicken thighs. I love all veggies, and I've seen those stuffed zucchini recipes that look amazing!! I also made some spaghetti squash this past week and I actually liked it. Kinda surprised myself there, because spaghetti is my all time favorite meal. 

Also, I've been making my own raw snack bars. Very similar to Lara bars just homemade. They are so easy and delicious, so I'm obsessed with them now! It helps a lot with the sweet cravings. 

I find that for the first 30 minutes after a meal I still feel hungry, but then after that initial 30 minutes, I feel full lol. Is that weird? I am having a suuuper hard time this week tho bc of my monthly visitor. =\ But I'm continuing my workouts still which I never did before. I'd always have to take the week off bc my cramps would be soooo bad. They've subsided a lot since I stopped taking the pill so I'm proud of myself for sticking to it!

Those snack bars sound amazing! Do you have a recipe?

I am so glad this thread is bumping again, Ladies.

Skadaddy has been driving me crazy lately with his typical yammering: Beer, beer brewing, hop trellises, blah, blah, blah.

I can't take it anymore. I get it...you love beer.

Thankfully he is so damn attractive, and muscular, and attractive, and witty, and attractive, and charming, and attractive, and fun to look at, and attractive.

So what else is new with us ladies and our more than one hole we have down there that I already knew about?

I find that for the first 30 minutes after a meal I still feel hungry, but then after that initial 30 minutes, I feel full lol. Is that weird? I am having a suuuper hard time this week tho bc of my monthly visitor. =\ But I'm continuing my workouts still which I never did before. I'd always have to take the week off bc my cramps would be soooo bad. They've subsided a lot since I stopped taking the pill so I'm proud of myself for sticking to it!

Those snack bars sound amazing! Do you have a recipe?

Yeah, that is totally normal!! It takes awhile for food to settle in and make you feel full.  Good job on your workouts! I know it's tough with the lady time, but working out is supposed to help with the cramps as well. Another reason to keep pushing through it. lol

Here is the recipe for the bars I made this week.

1 cup dried dates

1/2 cup cashews

1/2 cup walnuts

1/2 cup dried blueberries

1 tsp vanilla (you can use a GF extract or scrape the inside of a vanilla bean)

I used a small food processor to process everything together then pressed it into a square pyrex dish like you would rice crispies treats. Refrigerate for 30 minutes then cut into bars. You can also roll it into balls. You can take that basic recipe and substitute chocolate chips for the blueberries or add some almond butter, whatever you've got! As long as you use the dates as a binder and the nuts for substance, you can have fun with the ingredients and mix it up. It's really really easy and tastes a lot better than you would think. 

I am so glad this thread is bumping again, Ladies.

Skadaddy has been driving me crazy lately with his typical yammering: Beer, beer brewing, hop trellises, blah, blah, blah.

I can't take it anymore. I get it...you love beer.

Thankfully he is so damn attractive, and muscular, and attractive, and witty, and attractive, and charming, and attractive, and fun to look at, and attractive.

So what else is new with us ladies and our more than one hole we have down there that I already knew about?

I'm jealous of skadaddy's beer making and hop growing abilities. 

I'm jealous of skadaddy's beer making and hop growing abilities. 

Hands off Lauryn. He's mine.

Who am I kidding, Ladies? A man as attractive as skadaddy gets his fair share of looks from the ladies...because hes so attractive to ladies like us because we are all ladies and not guys pretending to be ladies.

Skadaddy is hot.

Hands off Lauryn. He's mine.

Who am I kidding, Ladies? A man as attractive as skadaddy gets his fair share of looks from the ladies...because hes so attractive to ladies like us because we are all ladies and not guys pretending to be ladies.

Skadaddy is hot.

okaay.gif?w=640

hahaha I couldn't resist!!

Yeah, that is totally normal!! It takes awhile for food to settle in and make you feel full.  Good job on your workouts! I know it's tough with the lady time, but working out is supposed to help with the cramps as well. Another reason to keep pushing through it. lol

Here is the recipe for the bars I made this week.

1 cup dried dates

1/2 cup cashews

1/2 cup walnuts

1/2 cup dried blueberries

1 tsp vanilla (you can use a GF extract or scrape the inside of a vanilla bean)

I used a small food processor to process everything together then pressed it into a square pyrex dish like you would rice crispies treats. Refrigerate for 30 minutes then cut into bars. You can also roll it into balls. You can take that basic recipe and substitute chocolate chips for the blueberries or add some almond butter, whatever you've got! As long as you use the dates as a binder and the nuts for substance, you can have fun with the ingredients and mix it up. It's really really easy and tastes a lot better than you would think. 

Those sound amaaaaaazing! Thanks so much!

We have a ninja and it came with a food processor/mixer so I think that would work perfectly with this. I cant wait to try it!

If you insult someone, expect insults back. That's just the way the world works. I wouldn't take it personally, because you are definitely none of those things. 

I'm not at all affected or sad by what was said. If anything it was really funny. I was really pointing out this:

nothing more fragile than that male ego...

because they made one comment about something that obviously they have no knowledge about (and while tone is hard to read through text, it was very obviously a joke). So for one insult, the guy decided to rip into me for four separate things. Absolutely expect insults back, but I just thought it was hilarious that in order to validate himself he had to tear into me SIGNIFICANTLY more than what was said to him.

Lately I have been making a lot of salads and i was curious what you all put in yours. I don't really want any meat but I'm also not feeling full afterwards .

Here is what I have going

Spring mix/ spinach

Garbanzo beans

Feta cheese

Cucumber (actually I chop up and eat an entire cucumber. I love cucumber. )

I make my dressing

Olive oil

Lemon juice

Dried mint

Salt and pepper

And then I stick a sesame seed breadstick in it because they are rad.

I can take a picture of the next one I make but it's a giant salad by the time I'm done and I can't get full :(

Your salad sounds delicious! I eat a lot of cucumber too. I love adding carrots, raw zucchini, sugar snap peas, any kind of sprouts and olives to my salads as well. The more filler you can add the longer it takes to eat and make you feel full. Also, sometimes after a meal I will chug a glass of water. It helps with feeling full instantly, because sometimes it takes awhile for the food to settle. 

It's important to get some protein in there! The beans & feta are definitely a good idea, but you might have to add some other protein in there as well to round everything out and make you feel fuller.  I don't want to say tofu bc soy is bad for you, but maybe bacon? I know you don't like meats in your salad, but I'm not sure what else to recommend... more beans?

My ideal salad is:

romaine lettuce (i can't have raw spinach or kale)

cucumbers !!!!

feta

bacon

green pepper

***egg whites

oil/vinegar or balsamic vinaigrette