Give me a crash course on pop punk

I've read the first six or so responses to the topic and it appears everyone decided to just post their favorite pop punk bands, ignoring my request -_-

I want bands similar to the bands that I posted that I LIKE, and much unlike the ones I posted that I don't like. I didn't ask to define what pop punk was, nor did I ask for YOUR favorite pop punk bands.

:|

This is why people are hating on you. You come off as a dick in your post. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but people were trying to help you and you gave them a scolding. Oh well, adios.

My crash course on pop punk is, don't label anything in your post pop punk.

Listen to the dopamines, dillinger four, the visitors, the soviettes, the methadones, the riverdales, screeching weasel, dan vapid and the cheats, dear landlord, the copyrights, the guts and last but not least THE RAMONES.

That is pop punk.

In a crash course. 

It ain't pop punk unless you can pogo. That said, here are some more to add to the list:

The Lillingtons, The Buzzcocks, Descendents, Banner Pilot, The Ergs!, Masked Intruder, ALL, Teenage Bottlerocket, The Beatnik Termites, The Bouncing Souls, The Steinways, Rivethead, etc...

Saves the day, new found glory, the movie life and the get up kids are all essential to me in the pop punk category.

This is why people are hating on you. You come off as a dick in your post. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but people were trying to help you and you gave them a scolding. Oh well, adios.

yeah, none of the first comments were people trying to help him, they were just telling him he was wrong in what he called pop punk and should listen to other shit instead and not actually looking at bands that are similar to what he stated he liked. Yeah we get it, no one likes Kess, but your point is still wrong.