Anyone here built their own expedit style record shelves?

I got a skil saw from my grandpa-in law and now I am itching to use it. I need more shelving and it seems like it would be a pretty simple thing to make. I have plenty of other tools that will be needed as well, such as a sander and drill etc. Just wondering if anyone here has done it and might have some tips to offer. Thanks!

A few months ago I made shelving capable of holding around 2200 records. Came out nice. Used 3/4 oak veneer plywood. No tips just take your time and make sure your measurement is precise or your cubicles will look uneven

As they say, measure twice and cut once. :-)

There's plenty of good how-to's and examples on Google as well for this. I've looked myself and am planning on building one as well. You can get the materials from Home Depot or other supply stores for quite cheap and make something that will obviously last longer than any Ikea product. Definitely worth the investment and time if you ask me. Good luck and share what you find or decide on!

Also, lose the drill. Use nails and gorilla glue. My shelving could survive a tank

Awwww man. It's this bad ass old corded drill I got for 5 bucks at a yard sale and I wanna use it. My buddy has some experience with woodworking, and he's going to help me do it. I am pretty excited to get this done, and so is he. I just need to decide if I want to paint them, or stain and clear coat them. I know the stain route is basically twice the work but it will look better in the end. I'll definitely keep you guys updated and take plenty of progress pictures to go along with it.

Awwww man. It's this bad ass old corded drill I got for 5 bucks at a yard sale and I wanna use it. My buddy has some experience with woodworking, and he's going to help me do it. I am pretty excited to get this done, and so is he. I just need to decide if I want to paint them, or stain and clear coat them. I know the stain route is basically twice the work but it will look better in the end. I'll definitely keep you guys updated and take plenty of progress pictures to go along with it.

id love to see what you throw together! just remember, if you need help, call these guys!

11v1c9z.jpg