13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

my roommate has been trying to get me to follow european soccer for a while now, so ive decided on a Premier League team to follow. After being told which teams NOT to follow, i've chosen Arsenal. I'm feeling pretty good about the decision.

Seems like there are more than a few fans here.

Good choice, a properly run football club. Welcome to a world of crushing disappointment and uncertainty. You now are obliged to hate Tottenham.

This is a good Arsenal blog to read, enjoy!

http://www.oleole.com/blogs/arseblog

when i started following arsenal, which i think i just finished my 5th full season, it was because nick hornby is one of my favorite authors and read fever pitch and then saw the movie.

my friend who has been a fan a little longer calls me the jinx because since i became a fan they haven't won a single trophy.

oh and i will also agree with the disappointment.

you will see him outplay the other team, have a lot more possession time of the ball, and take more shots.

but won't come away with as many wins as they should.

Yeah, need to get a new first-choice keeper. Relegate Almunia to the bench and make him work to get better in order to play. Today's game was bullshit, i'm sick of this happening. If it wasn't for Fulham being in the Europa final and needing to rest players next weekend for that game i'd be really worried about finishing behind Spurs, but it still could happen, especially with Arsenal producing half-arsed performances like today. Fingers crossed city beat spurs, we'll get 3rd on goal difference if that happens unless they win 15-0 (and we lose to Fulham)

Yeah, need to get a new first-choice keeper. Relegate Almunia to the bench and make him work to get better in order to play. Today's game was bullshit, i'm sick of this happening. If it wasn't for Fulham being in the Europa final and needing to rest players next weekend for that game i'd be really worried about finishing behind Spurs, but it still could happen, especially with Arsenal producing half-arsed performances like today. Fingers crossed city beat spurs, we'll get 3rd on goal difference if that happens unless they win 15-0 (and we lose to Fulham)

i was at work so i only got to watch the scorecast, did they play as uninspired as the espn guy wrote for updates?

i would love to see some of those younger keepers i see on the team page.

i've been saying it for the past few years that it's the main thing keeping them behind united and chelsea.

and i've got a feeling they will pull out a draw this weekend.

tottenham wouldn't surprise me by winning both of theirs.

i think they're safe, i don't see them winning both by 6, especially with one of them being against man city.

BLUES!!!!!

yeah, chelsea may say 'where is anfield' and lampard may text to gerrard, hiw national team midfielder mate as 'thanks for the gift. totally stoke'

as liverpool fan, this is the worst season by rafa. 47 lost from almost 6 seasons in premier league is what i can accept.

poor....

yes, it WAS a gift by Gerrard to Chelsea, but at least you got beat by the eventual

2010 PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!

yeah, chelsea may say 'where is anfield' and lampard may text to gerrard, hiw national team midfielder mate as 'thanks for the gift. totally stoke'

as liverpool fan, this is the worst season by rafa. 47 lost from almost 6 seasons in premier league is what i can accept.

poor....

yes, it WAS a gift by Gerrard to Chelsea, but at least you got beat by the eventual

2010 PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!

Congrats to Roman Abramovitch, a third title successfully purchased.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i cant link the post from Arsenal.com since its blocked at work, but by accessing it from my phone:

"We immediately and resolutely told them once again that we have no intention of selling our captain.

"To be clear, we will not make any kind of counterproposal or enter into any discussion. Barcelona have publicly stated that they will respect our position and we expect that they will keep their word."

we'll see what happens if Barca ups the ante.

Barca won't let it go, no way. Arsenal have stated on the website (like you said) that they expect him to honour his contract and although i can't see this happening and him staying for five years i'm starting to think he may well be here for another season.

What Barca are doing to him is pretty insulting if you ask me. Not going to deny that he wants to go so he can get some trophies which is fair enough, he'll get them at Barca for sure. But they're offering well under his value and making it pretty clear they don't want to spend much more than that by throwing a couple of their rejects into the deal as well. He's nothing more than a marquee signing so the incoming president can boast that he brought back the brilliant player that was stolen off them, their midfield is already the best in the world and the same two players who are stopping Cesc from being a regular in the Spain starting lineup so he clearly offers no improvement at all to their team and Barca's lowball offer speaks volumes about how essential they think he is to the side. Maybe in a couple of years when Xavi isn't fucking incredible he can break in but until then he's gonna spend a fucking lot of games sat on the bench!