PO: Woods Of Ypres - Woods V

I doubt most of you will dig this but if you're into Katatonia, Type O Negative or Sentenced I HIGHLY recommend this record. I'll be bringing some into my shop when they're officially released but you can preorder now from Earache.

R.I.P David Gold

"Hello everyone,

It is with regret that we note the sad passing of David Gold of Canada's Woods Of Ypres. With recording finished on their fifth album last year we were preparing for their late Winter / early Spring European tour and possible festival appearances later in the year in support of Woods 5: Grey Skies & Electric Light'.

A fitting tribute to Woods Of Ypres 10 year existence, David had even recently stated that this was the happiest he had been with any of the bands albums and it sits comfortably alongside the best that Type O Negative, Katatonia and Sentenced have to offer.

'Woods 5: Grey Skies & Electric Light' is of course available on CD but also as a limited edition 12" vinyl LP and bonus 7" that includes the final track and a exclusive mix of 'Finality'.

The 12" vinyl is as usual available on an ultra limited Silver vinyl as well as on a 200 pressing of Blue vinyl a 300 pressing of 'Lightning & Snow' coloured vinyl (in honour of the opening track) and of course a 400 pressing on black vinyl.

Also all Pre Orders of the album come with a free A2 sized album artwork poster.

You can check out two tracks taken from 'Grey Skies & Electric Light', 'Career Suicide (Is Not Real Suicide) and 'Kiss My Ashes Goodbye'"

http://earache.com/uswebstore/index.php/cPath/667_674_745

Oh fuck, did not know about David's death. Loved these guys a few years back, lost track of them after the third album seemed to be delayed forever.

Ordered a t-shirt and an album years ago and I'll never forget the nice handwritten note that David wrote thanking me for the support. Fuck. Seemed like a good guy. The tone on their more recent albums was odd but still thoughtful, they didn't take themselves too seriously but still wrote some great songs.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...