Pressing Records in Canada

Does anyone have experience on pressing records in Canada? Is it even financially possible with the shipping costs the way they are now? Would it make more sense to partner with a label in the US and base operations there? We're looking to press my brothers bands debut record, but we're not sure how much being based in Canada will affect us.

there is a plant in Canada, Rip-V, but it's a hike from BC. Can you smuggle records across the border in your car? That would certainly make pressing/headqartering in the states cheaper.

I know there are definitely some rules. Not sure on specifics, but it's an option

We'd like to get it pressed in the states then maybe pick it up in Bellingham just over the border. We'd need a US distro too though for the US customers. It seems like it'll work, but it'll be a pain in the ass. If any labels are interested in helping us out, get at me. You can listen to The Written Years here: https://thewrittenyears.bandcamp.com