University of Minnesota Gopher hockey

I love how only with Hockey do we get such a diverse array NCAA Programs involved. You look at the history of the Frozen Four and you don't even know who many of the schools are and that's awesome. BTW - check the Wiki page. Some bitter Minnesota fan lists the winner as "Union Something? One Hit Wonder" Ha ha.

Gophs should be back unless some of the Freshman go pro. Lucia didn't have the team ready to play. Losing to a deserving Union team is one thing, but some of it falls on coaching when they take stupid penalties.

Local news is all over the Dinkytown (U of MN) again tonight. A ton of students and cops down there, and it seems like some people aren't willing to clear the area. Hopefully it doesn't lead to any more arrests.

Latest KARE tweet: "Officers are now shooting paint pellets. Crowd is yelling in unison at police, "You can't do that.""

Great.........

Union was the real deal. though.  Credit where credit is due.  I'm a Gopher fan myself.  Love that Rau kid, I watched a bunch of his high school career.  I saw Union play in St Cloud in the middle of this year's hockey season (a girl I know goes to SCSU, so we have fun cheering against each other's team), and I was telling her it won't be a very good game & that the Huskies would mop the floor with these no name losers.  Low and behold, this....."Union"....came to play & won something like 5-2.  That was my introduction to them, I was mind blown.  After that, they kept winning, and climbing in the rankings, ascenting from no where to the top 5.  As high as #3 I think?  I had a feeling the Gophers had their work cut out for them, after having these guys in the back of my mind since seeing them play St Cloud.  But I didn't think they'd lose like that...  What a bad game.  Not championship caliber play, at all.