FS: TRADELIST

tylerTWY2005

You do realize that I did't try to sell you a 7" for $80 

... I showed you the 7" that I had, you asked what it was, I told you, you said you have never spent more than $20 on a TWY record and I responded with "wow, i spent $80 on this alone..."

Your avatar makes me uncomfortable and your "About me" makes me not like you.

https://deadformat.net/topic/49823

for anyone wondering why this kid gets flamed on, here is one of many examples why he sucks. Tried selling the Knucklepuck record for over 100 dollars a few days after it went on sale....and here is a direct quote from him in that thread.

"I usually hate flippers and NEVER flip but I'm broke and I KNOW Knuckle Puck fans will pay alot, I know its shitty but I am going to do what I have to do to pay the bills being a broke college kid"

Also, I want to get your story straight on that whole ordeal....in the 25/30 seconds or however quick it sold out, you managed to get 2 copies and the "friend" you ordered the second one for also got one? Yep, totally believable. You're a wiener

"Well, I guess that just said it all right there, anyways regardless, I'm not even selling it anymore, just decided to trade it and I can get some records I need and he can get one that he needs, it's all cool, and to everyone including KP, I sincerely apologize about this entire ordeal, and to be fair my story is 100% true, I have never been a flipper before and after this, I won't ever try and flip. But come on to some of you wishing my death? Really... I guess that is all I have to say, and you should support the musician not the the flipper. Shit happens, and I'm sorry. Let me know of there is any sort of trade you want to work out with me in the future.
-Thanks, Tyler"

So you're saying you need money because you're broke, yet are trading the record for other records? Go eat your pizza you 19 year old, pop punk loving, friend having, CSU-going, XXX-branded scrub. 

I'm sorry guys, in regard to he things I write on MY profiles, I don't write any of it to "impress" people on this site who I could care less about. I asked too much for a few of my records and attempted to flip 1 record 1 time, get over yourselves, this site is supposed to about vinyl collecting and everytime I am on here I feel like that is the last thing you guys even want to talk about or deal with.

I'm sorry guys, in regard to he things I write on MY profiles, I don't write any of it to "impress" people on this site who I could care less about. I asked too much for a few of my records and attempted to flip 1 record 1 time, get over yourselves, this site is supposed to about vinyl collecting and everytime I am on here I feel like that is the last thing you guys even want to talk about or deal with.

so what you're saying is that you do care though?

Yes that happens a lot here I agree but dude, you are one of the many people that make collecting records in today's day and age SUCK. Let mom know she can have the card back "broke college" kid.

I went to one of his posts on deadformat where he was asking $100 for some Knuckle Puck band's 7" and he got blasted by a member of the band, yet hey here he is.

"my name is john. i play drums in knuckle puck and i am here to say a few things

first of all, on the topic of flipping: fuck it. it's stupid. don't support it. i will define flipping as buying an item with NO OTHER INTENTION than to turn around and sell it for profit at any point in time. in my opinion, you really don't need that particular record or that particular shirt or whatever that bad. they're material things that don't REALLY matter and you should be more concerned with not supporting someone who is trying to take advantage of you. knuckle puck appreciates that you are willing to spend X amount of dollars on one of our records, but please don't. the amount the records cost in the legitimate web store was enough. it has nothing to do with the money not going to us or that it's our hard work or any of that. it's about not supporting someone who sees you as vulnerable and wants to use you and take advantage of you for their own personal gain while providing you with something that they see as worthless

parting with a record and flipping a record are two completely different things. although i don't agree with asking for some obscene amount, if you bought a record for personal enjoyment or for your collection or whatever and had it for a while, but then got hit with some expenses and knew that record had some worth and you let it go for a REASONABLE amount that may or may not be more than what you paid for it, that's whatever (again, these are all my OPINIONS). but yo, your story about how you bought one for you and one for your friend, but somehow your friend got one too in the 25 second window that they were available (and you must have had no idea he was trying to get one too, huh?), so now you are trying to sell the EXTRA record for at least $100 the second it showed up on your doorstep because you are actually just broke... really? nah. even if the story is true, asking >$100 for an extra record knowing that there are other huge fans who missed out is insane and you are well aware that you're being ridiculous. if you need money, hit up craigslist and get your hands dirty. do some real work for a day. help someone and be grateful for the money they give you. it's more rewarding

at the end of the day i really have no say in what people do or don't do, but the moral of the story is this: don't flip records, and more importantly, do not support the people flipping the records. knuckle puck appreciates anyone who genuinely supports our band. without you, we wouldn't be doing what we're doing (for real). we will have a few of the "sold out" variants at skate and surf and on our upcoming tour with man overboard, transit, and forever came calling. i don't think we are putting a limit on how many we sell each night, but i'm pretty sure we will only be selling one per person

that's all. have a good week everyone"

Side note this is perfectly put.

I get that I fucked up, I have been collecting for years and just recently been trying to sell. I didn't know ANYTHING about these rules and stuff. I literally just learned that VC existed a few days ago and I didn't know flipping was the worst thing ever, like I knew it wasn't a positive thing but I kind of just assumed that if people didnt want to pay it was a simple as that. I didn't know that a few bad pricing and everyone would hate me forever. All I can offer is my apologies for fucking up.

I can give you the benefit of the doubt but I know that there's no way you could not know flipping sucks because it's been happening with everything with any kind of resale value ever. Beyond that I'm willing to bet you've encountered a situation like that and thought "what a dick trying to resell *insert something here* for all that money"

And that whole broke college kid thing doesn't hold much weight when you are trying to buy multiple test presses of record off people which that would make sense to pay close to $80.