Does anyone have a hedgehog?

They can be great pets if you take the time to socialize them. Just remember, they aren't going to be a cheap pet, especially since they have a fairly high prevalence of cancer as a species.  If you have done your research going in, then getting one isn't a bad idea at all (and they're incredibly cute)

On of my mate's once found a wild one on the way home from my house; he was pissed as a fart. He decided it would be a good idea to take it home & keep it as a pet (obviously illegal). He got home, put it in a cage and got it water & cat food.

He woke up the next day & it had got out the cage. It was sat on the floor and had gotten flee's EVERYWHERE. He had to get the house bug bombed.

This is not what to do / wasn't a good idea.

Note: he let it out in his garden and he see's it trotting about every now and again so it's okay.

Had to laugh out loud...I'm retarded!   :D

ha, im sure there are also different kinds of hedgehogs :D we've read about getting wheels for them so often... everytime we try to get him to use one he just ends up staring at it for a second and then walking away again, haha. hes super lazy.

oh heres a funny story. we actually got him sort of conditioned. now when hes in his small house and we start talking loudly right in front of it he'll come out with just his head and wait there until he'll get a little something to eat, haha.