PO: The Flaming Lips-With A Little Help From My Fwends

WbDA7av.jpg

posted this in the wrong thread earlier. It's more pink to me, with a little bit of orange marbling to it.

Got mine in today too, definitely like a salmon, krishna orangey neon thing going on. As for the sounds... some of the mixing seems off but I kinda like it this way. It's like Waynes life lol, everythings out of place and warbly. Morgan Delt on two tracks! I'd love to hear some thoughtful opinions on how this is such a bad record because I can't find anything wrong with aside from the technical mixing choices. Maybe a better question would be, what did you personally expect from a cover album? The Pink Floyd album cover was wayyy too safe, the Stone Roses album was too similar, this one is like exaggerated to the point it's almost original. That's just my 2 cents

AAAAAND oh well, I got a 12x12 Oliver Hibbert work of art! with 4 panels. so for 20$ I really think the consumer wins on this one haha

Got mine in today too, definitely like a salmon, krishna orangey neon thing going on. As for the sounds... some of the mixing seems off but I kinda like it this way. It's like Waynes life lol, everythings out of place and warbly. Morgan Delt on two tracks! I'd love to hear some thoughtful opinions on how this is such a bad record because I can't find anything wrong with aside from the technical mixing choices. Maybe a better question would be, what did you personally expect from a cover album? The Pink Floyd album cover was wayyy too safe, the Stone Roses album was too similar, this one is like exaggerated to the point it's almost original. That's just my 2 cents

AAAAAND oh well, I got a 12x12 Oliver Hibbert work of art! with 4 panels. so for 20$ I really think the consumer wins on this one haha

I thinking the mixing was muddy,mbut I think that's how it was suppose to be. I liked it. Listened to it three times in one day.