PO: Air - Music For Museum

Over at The Vinyl Factory you can now preorder a new Air record. The music was originally created for an exhibit at Palais des Beaux-Arts de Lille, in France, and is now being pressed on double 180-gram clear vinyl, limited to 1,000 copies. The records will be packaged in a gatefold jacket and includes a poster. The price is a bit steep, 31 pounds total, shipping within Europe included, i don´t know the worldwide shipping rates.

http://www.vfeditions.com/product/view/164

I was sure Le Voyage Dans La Lune was limited and sold out (both, not just the deluxe version)... could it have been reprinted?

This is expensive for 4 songs, granted the packaging seems deluxe.. still had to pick it up to keep my collection current and complete ('ísh, save that last two DELUXE version of their Vinyl Factory releases)

I don´t think it has been reprinted, that limited edition box set is also still available, but the price is just ridiculous.

Collecting records has become very expensive and The Vinyl Factory is one of the best examples: I bought Massive Attack´s Heligoland back in 2010 for 26€ in my local record store, a triple gatefold release with CD. I don´t think that these prices will come back with all that vinyl hype. 

It says 25 but I added it to my cart and it said £20.83

with an additional £5.24 for airmail to USA

same for me, except ship to Canada,

I thought i was just special........ lol

That's true. It's 20.83 without tax for international orders and 25 within Europe.

What ookowalsky said. Europeans get charged VAT, but orders outside of europe don't get charged that. Hooray!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone received this yet?

Last info i received was that it was delayed a little....

Also, it seems there are still some copies available to order.

Dear Vinyl Factory Customer, 

We wanted to take this opportunity to update you on the progress and expected delivery of your AIR 'Music for Museum' limited edition record.

We are currently in the final stages of manufacturing the records and we hope to have them ready for release on 10th July. We apologise for the delay, but we have been working very closely with the band and their designers to ensure this product is every bit as beautiful and luxurious in look and feel as possible and can assure you the final product will not disappoint.

Records arrived this morning. I will give them a spin when i´m back home. The 10,000 HZ Legend copy also arrived, some minor creases but nothing serious, definitely worth 18€, condition was stated as vg+. I´m happy, but i still need a copy of Talkie Walkie.

Looks like Music For Museum is now out of stock at The Vinyl Factory.