PO: Dream Theater- Metropolis Pt 2: Scenes from a memory Repress (Limited to 1000)

I've already seen 2 people from this board put some up for sale on discogs with an inflated price, so don't you worry.... you still have a chance *eyeroll*

Brookvale only had 500 of these for sale in their store while the other 500 are apparently going to various indie retail stores across the US. I am going to try and get a store list this week for everyone who missed out

• 3 weeks later...

For those who may have missed out

Brookvale ended up getting 700 out of the 1000 copies pressed instead of 500 so they are now selling the final 200 copies...they are now in hand and will begin shipping immediately 

http://brookvalerecords.bigcartel.com/product/dream-theater-metropolis-pt-2-scenes-from-a-memory-180g-black-vinyl

For the people in Europe: be prepared to pay a lot of customs taxes, because Brookvale will put the full value with full shipping on the record mailer.

Has anyone in the US actually got "caught" because of marking the package as "gift" when sending to Europe?

Thank you for pointing this out....I will bring this up to them about fixing in the future. I am sorry about that considering they were expensive to begin with and shipping cost for intl was high as is

UPDATE: I was told by Brookvale that all International orders will be marked as a "Gift" in the future. Sorry again about that

Alright, received my package from Brookvale today. 

First of, the sound is amazing, I first heard this album in 2002 and this is the best I have ever heard it. I always thought Falling Into Infinity CD sounded the best, but this vinyl version is as equal or even better. I didnt compare this vinyl to the 1999 CD, but it has more depth, more drum room ambience and it seems to be more dynamic (a lot more dynamic than the CD version).

The only gripes I have is that: 

- there seems to be a lot of surface noise on side D (I havent listened to the whole thing yet, but I noticed it right away). Maybe the stampers are worn/damaged? Other sides had no surface noise at all, thats why I noticed.

- Brookvale Records is using a super sturdy and protective record mailer, but the record mailer is about 1cm too large inside, so the records are still bouncing in it. Some bubble mailer would of have been nice. Luckily the gatefold is super sturdy so no splits.

- I had to pay customs fees (always hate that)

But to conclude, buy it, now.

- there seems to be a lot of surface noise on side D (I havent listened to the whole thing yet, but I noticed it right away). Maybe the stampers are worn/damaged? Other sides had no surface noise at all, thats why I noticed.

This.  My buddy and I listened the other night, and I noticed this as well.

I will say though, the album as a whole is amazing.  One of my favorites, and this vinyl set is so very well put together.  I'm very happy to finally own this album.

Update from Nuclear Blast:

"This item is currently on pre-order as we are awaiting for it to arrive from our vendor. It should ship out to you in the next two weeks. You’ll receive an email with a tracking number as soon as it goes out. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, "