New Thrice, STD, Hold Steady, Alk 3

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would that even fit on 4x10"s? I think it should be 4x12" and make it 45rpm to do it any real justice.

Haha, says the man who bashed the fuck out of Thrice for a while.

Glad to see you enjoy it now, though.

Obviously you didn't see my confession thread in the Everything Else forum:

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=etc&action=display&thread=10998

it's so funny to hear people bitch about multiple colors being released over and over again. it may just be me, but they're not telling you to keep buying. you just do on your own accord. because really, god bless them for pressing more copies. if all you guys wouldn't buy up EVERY SINGLE DIFFERENT COLOR then maybe more that actually enjoy listening would get a chance to have their own.

whatever...that's my two cents.

Haha, says the man who bashed the fuck out of Thrice for a while.

Glad to see you enjoy it now, though.

Obviously you didn't see my confession thread in the Everything Else forum:

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=etc&action=display&thread=10998

Oh I saw that, that was what prompted me saying the last line. Whatever I'm mildly illiterate and can't speak/type.

I don't know if this has been posted, but the Cobraside website says this about the Thrice Alchemy Index:
Super-elaborate book-type packaging contains the two latest double CDs ("Air", "Earth" "Fire" and "Water") cut across 4 10" singles! Super-limited one time pressing!

i hope by super limited this doesn't mean SUPER limited. that would be fucking stupid considering the current market for vinyl. and i don't want to miss out of course!!!

it's so funny to hear people bitch about multiple colors being released over and over again. it may just be me, but they're not telling you to keep buying. you just do on your own accord. because really, god bless them for pressing more copies. if all you guys wouldn't buy up EVERY SINGLE DIFFERENT COLOR then maybe more that actually enjoy listening would get a chance to have their own.

whatever...that's my two cents.

2nd this. Each of these colors has the same music on it. Take that extra money and go check out something new. The reason they'll repress Crimson is because there will be at least 1000 people who will go buy a limited 2nd press.

• 1 month later...
So what's the deal with this? Can you only obtain the records through this guy? Also release dates and pre-order info anywhere?

They'll be available to any store who orders wholesale from Cobraside, which is very, very many. Any crazy limited variants will probably only be available through DM's eBay account though.

Still nada on the info side. Maybe Monday we'll hear something - I know I am going to send an email and see what's up.

We just secured an exclusive color for the STD - Sound the Alarm record! Don't know what the color is (or anything about any of the others), but its limited to 300 and we'll have a test pressing to give out to one lucky buyer of the album.

Preorder will go live tonight @ nerdalertrecords.com! :)