NOFX So Long... Pressing problems??

I was wondering if anybody else has purchased a So Long and Thanks For All the Shoes record that skips. I've bought two of those fuckers brand new (still in the shrink) and both of them have forwards skips on side 2 that make them damn near useless. I got them from 2 completely different sources. I would assume that it has to be a problem with the pressing.

I emailed Epitaph, but it's been forever and I never heard anything back. Makes me love smaller labels like No Idea who will actually correct their mistakes.

Has anyone else purchased one like that? I'm thinking about trying one more time, but I think I wold lose it if I got another one.

Yeah, both records skip on multiple songs on side two. The skips are definitely more frequent on one record as opposed to the other. I was thinking that it if it was a pressing issue it might occur at the exact location on both. Oh well...

I guess I can just chalk it up to back luck. I was assuming that more people might have had the same issue.

Still irritating though.

I have the same problem but it is on side one, and side 2 plays fine from what i remember. I will give it a listen tonight and let you know but it is very annoying. Alot of the songs are different than the CD so it gets in the way of that also. Oh yeah, i got mine Still Sealed too.

yea, i had this problem on a few records, and then i put a penny on the arm above the stylus and voila' everything works fine now...

Yeah, one of my tables allows me to adjust the weight on the tone arm, but it had no effect.

Just cause you can adjust your tonearm doesn't mean it's set up correctly. Being off by 1-2 grams can cause your needle to skip like crazy. Go buy a tonearm/cartridge scale (about $20) to dial in the exact weight specified by the cartridge. It is the best $20 you will spend.