10 Goth Bomb
11 Negativ Ed
12 Sexual Athletics
13 Jell-o
14 Black Ballerina
15 Picture Me Gone
16 Exile On Frog Street
17 Dayzed Inn Daydreams

"Although this is the first "solo" record credited to my name, it is by far the least "solo" record I have ever recorded." - Ariel Pink

New track kills.

• 1 month later...

I was told there will not be a limited variant on this. (I thought this would be the one where pink wax would finally make it's way!) Which is cool with me I'll grab it at the local shop then. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say Ariel paved the way for artists like MacDeMarco, Connan Mockasin, Donovan Blanc (insert other weirdos screwing with creep vox/chorus twanged guitars) or put simply is thee queen of weirdo rock in the 2000's

When you guys/gals get into a new band/artist.. Which way do you usually go in their discography? Old to new? New to old?

I try my best to listen old-new. However some artists' earlier work sneaks by me sometimes - with AP being a great example. I have only heard the last couple albums by him, but loved them. Very excited for this! Since no variant I will likely just pick it up from my local store.

I've only heard a song or two in the past, but that new single is so good! Can't wait to dig in!

When you guys/gals get into a new band/artist.. Which way do you usually go in their discography? Old to new? New to old?

Old to New! Love seeing evolution. There's a story in there that way, it's seeing where they come from in the world. For instance Linkin Park's first album was studio ready, Ariels is like pure shit and only now is getting clear production. 

Yeah Ariel's first stuff is literally the most polar opposite hit and misses. Like pre-Before Today I can only listen to like 5 songs by him, but those five songs are some of the most beautiful pop songs I've ever heard. Check out Suicide Notation, Among Dreams, and Jesus Christ Came To Me in a Dream for his old stuff then jump straight into Before Today and Mature Themes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ariel Pink is usually hit or miss for me but I kept coming back to the samples of this album to decide if I like it or not. So like eight or nine revisits later, I started realizing that I'm fighting myself against liking it for some reason. Totally gave in and jumped on that 4AD deal for $15 shipped. Looking forward to checking out the complete album.