Goddamnit Redux LP

Guest streetcore

Guest streetcore

No Idea still had a few of these left this morning but i think i bought them all but on the good side Matt said Asian Man is repressing the record in a couple of weeks. I don't know if this is new news but some people might not know.

Seriously? There's now what, 6,000 copies (between the original and the repress)? I can't imagine this is going to keep going for much money if they keep the represses to groups of 500.

The upcoming 180 gram repress is 1000, isn't it?

Yeah but a lot of them are going to folks who complained that their versions skipped.

Guest streetcore

for trade.

Still pretty fucked. I can understand 1 extra copy, but 5 total? Come on dude....this is whats wrong with record collecting today.

lets trade!

i need the teenage bottlerockets live '06 LP and Total

For some records I'd say buying 5 copies is a little whack but most of these have been up for order before January. Not to mention there's 4,000+ copies out there and more being pressed.

If it's a single run of 1,000 that's one thing, but the market seems to be flooding with these and if someone just wants to trade, eh that's fine.

P.S. This easy going position will likely change if it's a record I care about.

for trade.

Still pretty fucked. I can understand 1 extra copy, but 5 total? Come on dude....this is whats wrong with record collecting today.

honestly, getting copies to trade is perfectly in line with "collecting" as it's a means to get more things you want.

One could make the argument that 8 different colors is ruining collecting or the fact that there was repress of the record at all after some folks either had it from original release or hunted down a copy by buying or trading for it.

I seriously love the double standard of how buying in bulk to "trade" (at elevated value) is perfectly fine but as soon as some one buys extras to sell (to get more money to buy more records) they are flipping scum who are ruining record collecting.

I see nothing wrong with either.

The collectible nature of anything is what makes these kind of things happen sadly, it's the nature of the beast and not really something can or will stop.