My Buddy's Band (Aphids) Is Doing Vinyl! Shipping NOW!

https://www.facebook.com/aphidsmusic/posts/569871106478529

I truly think these guys are amazing, I've listened to the EP so much. If you're interested in potentially getting a copy, let me know (in this thread), I really just want him to know that people do want them. Plus maybe the price can go down the more we get!

http://aphids.bandcamp.com/album/dogswim

Up now! https://aphids.bandcamp.com/album/aphids

I'd be interested depending on the cost

That's the biggest issue. I know he's trying to find the cheapest alternative but with a run this low there's no real way to get the cost down too much. If anyone has an idea to keep cost down that'd be awesome, I truly have no clue regarding this side of it all.

That's the biggest issue. I know he's trying to find the cheapest alternative but with a run this low there's no real way to get the cost down too much. If anyone has an idea to keep cost down that'd be awesome, I truly have no clue regarding this side of it all.

How many are they looking at doing?

How many are they looking at doing?

he says only like 20-30 probably, i can't imagine that many more people wanting one at this point, especially at this price. hence why i'm trying to draw up some hype here, i truly think they're fantastic and a lot of people here would like them.

he says only like 20-30 probably, i can't imagine that many more people wanting one at this point, especially at this price. hence why i'm trying to draw up some hype here, i truly think they're fantastic and a lot of people here would like them.

with a run like that i'd go lathe cut http://justinlloydcreative.com/piaptk/lathecuts/pricing.html. Anything other than that would be stupid expensive

Haven't listened yet but this sounds like something Intheclouds would do. Of course you and your buddy would have to get with him but I think he mentioned wanting to do small lathe runs for small bands as a good price alternative. If he likes the music and thinks he can sell the copies he may be down. Just food for thought

with a run like that i'd go lathe cut http://justinlloydcreative.com/piaptk/lathecuts/pricing.html. Anything other than that would be stupid expensive

do you know anything about how his sound quality is? obviously it's a lathe so it won't be great, but there are good ones and bad ones, hah.

Haven't listened yet but this sounds like something Intheclouds would do. Of course you and your buddy would have to get with him but I think he mentioned wanting to do small lathe runs for small bands as a good price alternative. If he likes the music and thinks he can sell the copies he may be down. Just food for thought

actually talked to dan earlier today, that was the first thing i thought of. he's really busy with a bunch of things including a baby on the way, and probably won't be back in business until at least january. but everyone says his lathes sound fantastic, so who knows?

Honestly after looking at the times on the bandcamp, it'd probably be cheaper for them to split it up over 2-3 releases rather than 1 12" just based on the times and cost involved for each

He said he heard back from that guy, and rock/punk releases haven't sounded too great lately, he said. Ugh.

Loved this guys since I found the last thread. Would definitely be into having vinyl, don't think I'd be down with paying that much, or getting it on a lathe, period. Maybe a 7" or two, but I know that can be expensive.

Have they considered doing a tape?

they did handmade CD-Rs a while back, really cool product, glad I have one. doubt they want tapes, vinyl is something they just want to have.

i know i'll get it no matter what. i never thought they'd ever want to do this, especially now that they're done as a band

• 2 months later...

this is coming realllll soon. black records, 15 bucks or so, have no clue what they're doing about cover yet.

you can win a free record on their facebook via trivia but i doubt you guys will be able to get most, if i win i'm buying a copy anyways, so i may do a giveaway here soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...