Norma Jean box printing error

This is unacceptable. After all this time, and the record still has errors? Something needs to happen to accommodate those who bought this.

here's the back, where the song title got screwed up:

[image]

and here are two pics of the repeated lyrics:

[image]

[image]

I'm going to be disappointed and upset if Virgil doesn't do something about this, regardless of who's fault it ultimately is. This whole release has been a disaster.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to say. The concept of the packaging and the youtube video really sold me and it seems like a great package for $50. I knew for a fact it would also be worth something down the road and I was right.

Suprinsingly, I've listened to the new Panic album and it shows that the band has potential. I truly feel like they'll make the shift to more a more "adult" sound in their next album and be successful.

i heard mixed reviews on the new album. people who really liked A Fever You Can't Sweat Out don't like Pretty. Odd. it's very mellow, as i'm told.

I'm not fan of the band, but i need to know these things...

If you were talking about musical errors I think more people would be on board with you. Since you're talking about what amounts to syntax errors I don't really think you're going to get too many people who are demanding much more than apology. I mean, as much as I love colors and the like, records are about music. Sure you get errors. Hell they happen everywhere. At Victory, even the White Stripes had an error with their Conquest 7". With all the eyes that should have been on that release you would have figured someone would have caught it.

I won't argue the severity of the errors, feel what you want. At the very least, Virgil should address this.

i agree... i'm curious to know what the deal is. 6+ months of waiting, design/printing errors on the final version, and the (seemingly missing) proposed gift certificate is a little much to just be forgotten about.

regardless of the quality of the wax itself, most people (myself included) don't just buy albums... they collect them. people bitch and moan all the time about corners being dinged & seams being ripped, so i fail to see how this should be considered any less of an issue.

Guest Admin

I just noticed this thread and honestly, I am sorry. For those asking for compensation, I gave compensation for the people who had to wait an extra ordinary amount of time to get the box sets. Are you gonna get extra compensation for the mistakes in the design of the record? NO!

I am sorry that this box set has taken so incredibly long to come out, I am sorry that all of the people who proofed the art didn't catch the mistakes, I am sorry that you are unhappy with the finished product.

This release has been a nightmare to say the least. I would like to think that in the end the thing that should matter most is that the records sound fantastic and the packaging is incredible. We spent a lot of time and money to remaster the records for vinyl and if you listen, you will notice that. Despite the typos, the art looks magnificent.

I do feel badly that there was an error with the lyrics and a typo with the track listing, but we did our very best for a quadruple LP box set and am bummed our selves that this happened.

If anyone wants to give me an earful, email me at [email protected] and I will give you my cell phone number. I am sick of people talking shit on the message board.

I do think that after the long wait, the box sets should have been perfect, but unfortunately there are a few errors.

I think it's a big difference if the jacket of the record is damaged, compared to a typo on the jacket.

how so?

in my opinion, you're paying for something tangible and you hope/expect it to be in the best condition possible.

(and honestly, i'd consider this more than a typo).

well it's still in good condition, but if everyones is like that then i wouldn't mind. But if theirs was the only one that had the "typos" then i could see how someone could be upset. It would be easier for me to look at a record with typos than one with tears and dings.

haha, i laugh at people who say this is "unacceptable". go check some more records that are out there. i've runned recordlabels and i've worked for well respected recordlabels and i don't think there's any record out there without a spelling fault, artwork mess up or printing error. if possible, virgil can try and provide you guys with the lyrics for LP2, but thats a hell of a work.

Virgil-

When something like this happens is it the printing place's fault or VC's? I'm just curious if something like this happens can you complain with whoever printed it, demanding a refund or some type of free re-print of the jackets/lyric sheets?

Definitely not the printing places fault.

Whoever laid it out is to blame. The designer.

Guest Admin
Virgil-

When something like this happens is it the printing place's fault or VC's? I'm just curious if something like this happens can you complain with whoever printed it, demanding a refund or some type of free re-print of the jackets/lyric sheets?

the designer made the mistake, but the 5 people who proofed everyone are also at fault, but none of these people are in a position to refund or make us new covers. I am talking to the band's management about the possibility of providing the lyrics as a pdf that can be printed and put in with the box set. I know this isn't the best resolution, but it gives some of you the lyrics.