PO Soon: John Carpenter "Lost Themes" on Sacred Bones

8 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

I was going to.  And then I saw there will be special tour versions of these, so I'll just wait and grab those when I see him next month.

Yeah I saw that too, but Sacred Bones isn't the best label at properly divulging information.  Their red/white swirl of Lost Themes is going to be available through mail order and on tour.  So I wouldn't be surprised if the red and blue tour versions wind up being the 'mystery' colors.  Even that press release posted in the Fango news story said the pic discs were /2500 whereas the SB site clearly states them as /2000.  So who knows...

Man those shows are just 2 months away now - I've got great seats I need to sell for the Philly area show so if anyone is interested PM me.

• 1 month later...

Listened to the new re-recordings on Spotify and I'm curious... what exactly is the whole point? The band sounds good, but the tracks all literally three minutes long. 

Like, what's the whole point if they weren't going to do anything interesting with the pieces, like jam on them or extend them? They could have released all four on one 7" for $10 instead of on two 12"s for $30 total. 

Love John Carpenter - he's one of my favorite directors ever and his two albums are great, but I'm glad I didn't order these...

I saw them on Tuesday and the show was all around great.  They played about 80 minutes.  I think they played three songs off each Lost Themes and the rest were the themes for his films.  The band sounded fantastic.  Only glanced at the merch, so I didn't see what the vinyl choices were.  One of the best shows I've been to in a while.

On 6/18/2016 at 10:30 AM, jonrawks said:

I saw them on Tuesday and the show was all around great.  They played about 80 minutes.  I think they played three songs off each Lost Themes and the rest were the themes for his films.  The band sounded fantastic.  Only glanced at the merch, so I didn't see what the vinyl choices were.  One of the best shows I've been to in a while.

Hey, Jon, I was at that show, too. It was great! In The Mouth Of Madness was unexpectedly awesome. I'd forgotten how heavy that score is. Loads of merch available for folks who are into that. Excellent stuff all 'round.