PO Soon: Steven Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase

Le Gogh

I may be jumping the gun a bit early on this one, but I've just seen the following article which announces a European tour, and that full details of the upcoming album will follow shortly:

http://www.kscopemusic.com/2014/11/19/steven-wilson-announces-new-album-details-tour/

Knowing Steven Wilson's passion for sound quality, I should imagine that there will be a decent vinyl pressing of this.

Still unsure which gig to attend...either Cologne which is closer to my place at the moment or Stuttgart which is around 50km from the place I'll probably be living at that moment + it's my fiancees 30th birthday that day...

...and ALL gigs in Germany are seated (which I can't stand! pun unintended)

• 2 weeks later...

Release dates:

Germany - February, 27th

UK & RoW - March, 2nd

USA & Canada - March, 3rd

HCE-finalcover.jpg

Tracklist: http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/hand-cannot-erase-artwork-and-tracklist-revealed/

Awesome! Hopefully get some news about a good pressing soon. With that cover I think a pink swirl or splatter would go well. Although I assume it'll probably just be a standard pressing...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What was wrong with the Cover Version 7 inches?

Oh, I see the misunderstanding now :) I didn't mean to say there was anything wrong with them...but they were pressed on clear vinyl as well (which is untypical for SW-solo releases) ; that's what I was referring to.

BTW, there seems to be a limited vinyl release exclusive to jpc.de which comes with a special art print.

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/steven-wilson-hand-cannot-erase/hnum/6675516

I believe this is the normal Vinyl release + bookley,  I don't think there's any different vinyl variant than the 180g black ones.

That's why I'm holding myself from preordering this for now.

Edit: As a matter of fact, JPC's description doesn't seem different than Burning Shed's

No, it's not a different variant...I think they just include some special art print to the regular vinyl version.

I believe this is the normal Vinyl release + bookley, I don't think there's any different vinyl variant than the 180g black ones.

That's why I'm holding myself from preordering this for now.

Edit: As a matter of fact, JPC's description doesn't seem different than Burning Shed's

I don't even think there's a booklet with the vinyl version. Steven Wilson HQ says there's the 2LP version, and a deluxe edition. But it says this about the deluxe version:

"The deluxe edition is presented in an elaborately designed 96 page case-bound book, with several additional inserts – including a diary, a sketchbook, newspaper cutting, a letter etc – featuring artwork by long-term SW collaborators Lasse Hoile (photography), Hajo Mueller (illustrations) and Carl Glover (design).

Contents of the deluxe edition include:

– Hand. Cannot. Erase. album CD

– Original demos CD (exclusive to this edition and including music that did not make the final album)

– Blu-Ray containing hi resolution stereo & 5.1 audio (96/24 5.1 LPCM & DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1), seven additional alternative versions, mixes & radio edits, half-hour studio documentary, studio sessions photo gallery

– DVD-V containing stereo & 5.1 audio (DTS 96/24 5.1 & 96/24 Stereo LPCM)"

Unfortunately it doesn't make any mention of what is included with the vinyl release, so I'm guessing it's just a standard 2LP version (which I'm happy with anyway).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just listening to the whole thing for the first time while browsing through the beautiful book,,, :wub: :wub: :wub:

VERY jealous! I just went with the vinyl copy, but by the time I ordered it was sold out on Burning Shed. Ordered it via EMP who ship from Germany so probably got another week to wait! Was only sent this morning. Boo!! I'm sure if I hunt around I can find a free download...