Tenacious D - Pick of Destiny reissue

Hi everybody! New guy here, I just found the thread about the self titled Tenacious D vinyl reissue, documenting the problems people were having downloading the bonus MP3 track. I didn't have a problem with the self titled download, but the Pick of Destiny download is not working at all, and the customer service help is less than satisfactory. Can anybody share the previously unreleased song, "it's Late" please?

Beyond this small complaint, Both of these releases have sounded incredible. Maybe the quietest records I've found, surface noise wise. I wish the horrible sounding recent primus releases were being manufactured by the same people.

Jim

About the new Epic press - I picked it up and listened to it last week and it sounds very very nice. Definitely recommended.

$18 from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Pick-Destiny-Tenacious-D/dp/B00N1PNC2E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418011775&sr=8-1&keywords=Pick+of+destiny+LP

I have the MOV reissue, sounds great and I'm happy to have it, but the downloading sure doesn't work! I've mailed the MyPlay customer service and it's been a week or so and it's still "in progress" (= probably never going to work).

I've had the same issues with Foo Fighters' Wasting Light and Sonic Highways, as well as with Decemberists' latest. Somehow they managed to work in the end, but this has been hopeless so far. MyPlay sucks.

I would like to know if the reissue of the S/T sounds any better to the original issue (which I have)? Any reason to buy it, except the downloadable bonus track? My vinyl purchases have also gotten way out of hand lately so probably gonna save this for later...

To my knowing there's no variants.

• 2 months later...

I have the MOV reissue, sounds great and I'm happy to have it, but the downloading sure doesn't work! I've mailed the MyPlay customer service and it's been a week or so and it's still "in progress" (= probably never going to work).

I've had the same issues with Foo Fighters' Wasting Light and Sonic Highways, as well as with Decemberists' latest. Somehow they managed to work in the end, but this has been hopeless so far. MyPlay sucks.

I would like to know if the reissue of the S/T sounds any better to the original issue (which I have)? Any reason to buy it, except the downloadable bonus track? My vinyl purchases have also gotten way out of hand lately so probably gonna save this for later...

To my knowing there's no variants.

I owned both the OG s/t and the reissue.  I will confirm that the reissue sounds great.  So great, that I sold my OG pressing (for quite a profit) after I spun the reissue a couple times.  It's definitely worth the money, and the downloadable track is just a bonus.

Just got the following response from Myplay:

"We're really sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we have yet to receive an update regarding this issue. We are currently investigating this and rest assured that you will be contacted once we receive an update. In the meantime you may try to download the The Pick of Destiny (Clean) album on the link below. Unfortunately, this does not include the bonus track "it's late". We've already notified our marketing team about it.

Again, we're really sorry for the inconvenience."

I contacted them way back when this reissue came out, and was repeatedly told they were checking with their management.. It's been about 2 months since I tried to contact them again, but the guy told me he would contact me as soon as they know an answer.. Why does this even take this long to fix an issue?

Also, to add to the sound quality conversation.. Both reissues sound great!

And, my S/T is signed, which makes it one of my prized records

• 9 months later...