How Paranoid are You about Vinyl Covers?

corbet

Guest falloutcollapse

I kind of expect everything I buy brand new to be in great condition. I bought the Set Your Goals vinyl, and the cover has a lot of splits that I can't really fix. Total bummer, but it's okay.

corners dinged and slightly bent don't bother me too much considering they're being shipped to me. seam splits really piss me off though. it's only happened to me a few times though. but yes, condition is very important to me. i have a couple of warped sleeves as well, but not so bad that i've had to repurchase any of them.

I got my Crime In Stereo "Is Dead" LP today and there's probably a 3-inch tear at the top of the record jacket that could've been avoided by taking the record out of the sleeve before shipping (they're not shrinkwrapped). I emailed them and they said if I mail it back, they'll replace it, so I'm gonna do that -- and who knows, maybe I'll get a blue/black variant in its place. :)

Guest falloutcollapse
I got my Crime In Stereo "Is Dead" LP today and there's probably a 3-inch tear at the top of the record jacket that could've been avoided by taking the record out of the sleeve before shipping (they're not shrinkwrapped). I emailed them and they said if I mail it back, they'll replace it, so I'm gonna do that -- and who knows, maybe I'll get a blue/black variant in its place. :)

Shiiiit I'm sorry, that sucks. Hopefully you get that variant, because I sure didn't.

You guys now if that sleeves with reseal flap from bagsunlimited.com are good?

They sound like a hassle if you are actually going to be listening to your records and taking them out of the sleeve all the time, but if its just to store records, then maybe they are worth it.

Those are the ones that I use. They are not that bad. As a matter of fact I just got confirmation that my order from bagsunlimited just shipped.

Yeah. Dudes, ship records outside of the sleeves - ESPECIALLY if the record came with a hand-screened cover :(

edit : about a 4inch split. had to take it with a crappy webcam with my light behind it to show up.

[image]

Yeah. Dudes, ship records outside of the sleeves - ESPECIALLY if the record came with a hand-screened cover :(

100% guilty as charged. I still feel awful about that, man. Please -1 me.

mine has a split at the top, too. about an inch and a half.

what if the records come in printed dust sleeves, should the records be removed from those too? I got a my copy of planet of ice (not from VC) and they had taken the records and dust sleeves out of the cover, but that didnt stop the record from slicing through the nice dust covers....not to mention there were two cracks in one of the records....bummer.

The CIS covers-we tried pulling as many out as we could. It wasn't an error with the shipping vinyl-it was a printer that gave us a crappy jacket batch If a few snuck through, sorry about that. Most were fine. There were some laughable ones that didn't make it out, but if something small got through, we apologize.

Email [email protected] and matt will take care of you. Or email [email protected] and I'll help Matt take care of you.

Sorry for the bumout-but we'll take care of it.