The Most Beautiful Song You've Ever Heard...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do You Realize - The Flaming Lips

That song is beautiful on so many levels. It's both triumphant and heartbreaking.

Also, Possession by Sarah McLaughlin (sp?). That song is gorgeous.

^^thank you for beating me to this...hands down, EPIC, beautiful and a complete ruiner of a song.

I also love that Sarah Mclachlan song as well

Glad someone agrees. The first time I heard Do You Realize it was in some quick VH1 teaser add. It hit me right away and I had to track down what it was. Luckily it wasn't too hard.

The only reason people like that song is because he died. It was middling when Leonard Cohen did it, and it was middling when Buckley did it. Totally xScrubsxcorex.

that guy from hawthorne heights died and i still dont like hawthorne heights

I liked that it stopped them for a while.

Seriously though, liking someone who died young gives an air of tragedy to things that do not warrant them. I love Morrissey to death, but just imagine how much more annoying his fanbase would have been if he died right around the time the Smiths broke up instead of becoming increasingly bizarre and inscrutable.

without taking too much time on this, everyone should listen to 'from a basement on the hill'- many gorgeous tracks (a passing feeling, king's crossing, twilight...)

agreed. Twilight is the first of Elliott's songs that got me into him. so many songs on that album are just heartbreaking. A Fond Farewell, Pretty (Ugly Before), all super super good...

$100 doing a cover of Fucked Up's "Blaze of Glory"

Onelinedrawing's "#1 Defender" or "Better Than This" or "14-41"

Avail's "Lombardy St."- I've been in tears in the crowd hearing this like a little boy with a skinned knee, in fact Over the James makes me weep on the whole

Hot Water Music's "It's Hard to Know"

Guest falloutcollapse

Minus the Bear - I'm Totally Not Down With Rob's Alien (No words can explain this song, IMO)

The Format - If Work Permits

Weatherbox - The Drugs

Postal Service - Brand New Colony

Thursday - Running from the Rain