Pyramids - A Northern Meadow (Profound Lore)

https://www.profoundlorerecords.com/pyramids-complete-work-on-new-album-new-track-available/

Texas-based experimental wall-of-sound ambient metal contingent PYRAMIDS have completed work on their new album “A Northern Meadow”.

The follow-up (as PYRAMIDS on their own, not including their previous collaboration LP’s with artists such as Horseback, Mamiffer, and Nadja) to the 2008 self-titled debut (Hydra Head Records), “A Northern Meadow” sees PYRAMIDS deliver their most stunning and crafted work yet. By taking reference points from genres such as ambient and experimental music, shoegaze (the band once collaborated with Cocteau Twins bass player Simon Raymonde at one point), black metal, and industrial music, “A Northen Meadow” results in being an encompassing album that stretches the PYRAMIDS sound even further into something even more grand and massive through an overwhelming sound picture heavy in atmosphere and ambience.

With previously collaborating with a myriad musicians in the past (musicians such as Faith Coloccia of Mamiffer, Albin Julius of Der Blutharsch/The Moon Lay Hidden Beneath A Cloud, Colin Marston (Gorguts, Dysrhythmia, Krallice), and the aforementioned Simon Raymonde to just name a few key notables), the lineup for “A Northern Meadow” has once again been augmented. Joining alongside R. Loren, M. Dean, M. Craig, and D. William, “A Northern Meadow” also sees Vindsval of Blut Aus Nord as part of the PYRAMIDS lineup with Colin Marston and William Fowler Collins rounding up the lineup respectively.

PyramidsBand-630x354.jpg

To be released on March 17th, tracklisting for “A Northern Meadow” goes as follows:

1. In Perfect Stillness, I’ve Only Found Sorrow

2. The Earth Melts Into Red Gashes Like The Mouths Of Whales

3. The Substance Of Grief Is Not Imaginary

4. Indigo Birds

5. I Have Four Sons, All Named For Men We Lost To War

6. I Am So Sorry, Goodbye

7. My Father, Tall As Goliath

8. Consilience

yeah, apparently its been the same core four members since the beginning with occasional collaborations. kind of the exact way TSOAF operates. i personally love the new song. its way more straight forward. i never really liked the self-titled record, but have loved everything else. 

My mind is being blow because s/t Pyramids record was very hot and cold for me. Had no idea it was these bastards. RxB and TSoAF were big for me growing up. And with Colin Marston? It just doesn't make sense, but I love it.

PL doesn't do vinyl too much anymore. My guess would be SIGE, thought it wasn't mentioned on the little newsletter that came with the Ape of God(s).

Speaking of Ape of God why does PL have 2 versions with 2 diff catalogue numbers... 145 and 145.5  I don't think they did the vinyl so I was thinking jewel case and digipak? Anyone know? I emailed them to ask cause I'll probably pick up a copy when SUMAC drops, but don't know the difference and they didn't answer my question.

Yeah the RxB/TSOAF connection is so weird but helps me process if I think of it like RX is Matt Embree as frontman, Pyramids is more R. Loren's project with the other guys as support, I could be wrong, but it at least seems that way.

Speaking of Ape of God why does PL have 2 versions with 2 diff catalogue numbers... 145 and 145.5 I don't think they did the vinyl so I was thinking jewel case and digipak? Anyone know? I emailed them to ask cause I'll probably pick up a copy when SUMAC drops, but don't know the difference and they didn't answer my question.

Yeah the RxB/TSOAF connection is so weird but helps me process if I think of it like RX is Matt Embree as frontman, Pyramids is more R. Loren's project with the other guys as support, I could be wrong, but it at least seems that way.

There are two different Ape Of God albums. The catalog # differentiates them.

The vinyl of the first Pyramids record went out a lot of times after the cd.....I hope this time they go out togheter but there is no word about an eventual vinyl press and profound lore is not pressing vinyl lately.......

I am still waiting for the remix album of the 1st album to be released on vinyl.