Pyramids - A Northern Meadow (Profound Lore)

At the moment there is a cd pre-order only but Profound Lore wrote that the vinyl is in production and it will be available soon....

Is PL doing it? I actually think it's kinda cool they only do CD releases and let the band's sort of "home" label do the vinyl.

Of all the releases they have in the past 2 years, looks like only Altar of Plagues and Pallbearer had their vinyl release done by Profound Lore.

you can get a digital copy on bandcamp now. i just did it and i've been listening all morning. i'm so glad the band took this direction. the first album was a little too crazy and all over the place. this one takes a little while to dissect, like all pyramids releases, but it flows so well. 

The best part of 45 rpm in my opinion is hearing the record at 33 rpm haha. Other than that I think it brings more surface noise and wear on the needle, but I'm not even sure that's true. In my past experiences, 45 rpm records just don't sound as good to me.

I have a soft spot for single LP gatefolds. :P