Boys Night Out 180g+ colored repress NOW AVAILABLE

Whoops! United accidentally ran 300 copies on standard weight black vinyl instead of 180g vinyl. I have no idea what they're going to do about it or how long it's going to take, but I'll post an update in this thread as soon as I know. Needless to say, it's a pain in the ass. The 100 copies on blue/white vinyl came out ok. I was kind of hoping for a more baby blue, but the 20 I've seen look good so whatever. I guess I'll see what the rest look like soon enough.

So, uh, yeah, here's a heads up for anyone who wants one of either. Each label is going to have 45 of the blue/white ones for mailorder and the band will have the other 10 for their personal use. The 180g ones will be available in stores (and a few will be available for mailorder as well) when they finally get pressed.

I'll probably even cook up a deal where you get both the new blue one AND the 180g black as well as one where you get both PLUS one of the few leftover grey vinyl copies.

Anyhow, they're not up for sale yet, but a heads up that the covers, bags, and records(or at least some of them) are here now and should be up for mailorder soon. I have no idea what to do with these 300 black vinyl copies if United doesn't want me to send them back. I can't just keep them and take a refund because the record was already solicited as 180g.

Yeah, just got off the phone. Apparently they tried running it at 180g, and there was surface noise on it, so they cut it back to the heaviest weight that they could without the surface noise. I have no idea WHY there would be surface noise. And, they did all this without telling me or without telling the lady in charge, so she's pissed at the plant people now. However, I won't get a definitive answer on any of this until Monday. It might need to get re-plated and everything there so it can be pressed on 180g vinyl. ANNOYING.

I won't know until Monday if I get to keep these 142g black ones or what. So shit, these might be some throw-ins or whatever. I have no clue. Maybe I'll throw away 290 of them and put 10 on eBay.

Guest vito

this is the only release of theirs that i would consider picking up. maybe make yourself sick, but i can't stand the newer stuff.

I just realized that I'm only going to have like 15 copies of the 180g vinyl anyway (the rest are going to distributors and the band) so I'll put the blue vinyl copies up for sale as soon as I hear back from Chris ODS. So probably tomorrow night or Monday morning. On a side note, I'm going out of town on Thursday morning and won't be back until the following Wednesday, so if you want one and you want it shipped before then, I'd suggest ordering it before Wednesday night.

It wasn't licensed when they put it on the CD. I don't know how often people actually get movie clips licensed, and honestly I have no idea how you'd even go about doing it. United is VERY strict about samples (though I did get away with a few in the past). Luckily, they had a mastered version without it that we used for the LP. For some reason CD manufacturers don't seem to give a shit about that stuff. I've NEVER heard of any CD plant refusing to press something with sample clips, but I've heard several stories about United refusing to pressing a record until they had sample clearance. That being said, all the brokers who use GZ don't give a shit, and GZ sure as hell doesn't give a shit since they're in the Czech Republic and suing them is more trouble than it's worth.