LaGrecia Comes to an End Before They Begin

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

It pains me to share with you the following news. LaGrecia have made the decision to call it a day. I know what you are thinking, the band has barely begun and they are already over. It is truly disheartening. They recorded one of the most rocking records we have ever had the opportunity to release and everything seemed to be going perfectly. Sal, the band's bass player has assembled one of the most beautiful pieces of artwork for the album. The band had already done a string of dates with the Loved Ones and were planning on doing some really great shows. I am pretty much speechless.

Dana, the band's drummer, wrote a blog post on the LaGrecia Myspace page that explains things a little further. You can find the blog, here: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=209147126&blogID=396644834. A few people commented their confusion about the blog post's reference to Jason selling off his gear and the fact that None More Black just announced a free show on July 4th. To clarify, it is true that Jason sold off most of his gear, but the decision to play a show with None More Black has Jason re-purchasing a few pieces of equipment.

Just to let you know, we at Suburban Home/Vinyl Collective have known about this for a little while now, but we did not want to tarnish the release of such an amazing album with speculation about the band's untimely breakup. I am just as excited about releasing "On Parallels" as I was when I first heard the demos and know that although this might show up as an asterisk in Jason Shevchuk's recording resume, I still stand by my opinion that this is one of the greatest albums he has ever been involved with. The release date is still June 24th and I urge you to reserve your judgements about this band until after you have listened to the album.

I am just bummed that many of you will have never had the opportunity to see this band rock. I feel very lucky to have seen their first show, but I was really excited at the prospect of flying out east to see their album release show and for so many of you to see the band play after hearing the album.

"Our record, On Parallels is coming out June 24, 2008. Sal and I are very proud of the record and are doing our best to make the record a success. We put a lot of time and effort into writing, recording, artwork, shows, etc. We hope you enjoy the music.

To all of our friends, family and fans…we apologize for this delayed statement

It saddens us to say LaGrecia is no longer a band. Unfortunately, Jason made the decision to leave the band a few weeks ago. This is probably not surprising to some of you who know Jason and have followed his past bands. Sal and I did not want or anticipate the band to end as early as it did. Sal and I were excited with the way things were progressing and we are extremely disappointed and hurt with Jason's cold departure. Upon leaving the band, Jason stated he no longer wanted anything to do with playing music. He further said that music never meant that much to him. It was something that came easy to him, granted him success and that was it. He wanted to sell off his equipment and focus on furthering his career in broadcast. Although supportive of his decision, this was very upsetting to hear. We have all been involved with music for a very long time. Creating music, being involved with music in any way and going to shows has played an important role in Sal's life and in my life. The record title "On Parallels" is a reflection upon how all three of our lives have followed a similar path through music, all originating from New Jersey up until now all living blocks from each other in Brooklyn.

Sal and I originally planned on waiting to release this statement based on the slight possibility of playing a record release show, but as the release date gets closer, that seems unlikely. We did not want any negativity to cloud around the record and hope there is none as the release date approaches.

Thanks to everyone who has been emailing us words of support and to everyone inviting us to play shows. We hope this answers some of your questions. We will still be checking the myspace band page periodically and the page will remain up for a while after the record is released. For any further information on the band or how to purchase the record please check Suburban Home Records for updates. www.suburbanhomerecords.com Thank you especially to Virgil and everyone at Suburban Home Records for being so supportive through all this.

We greatly appreciate all of your love and support.

Sal and Dana

LaGrecia"

Guest baseball

Wow, even more bummed they dropped off that DC date a while back.

I think listening to this album when it comes is going to feel a little bittersweet now, unfortunately.

If music comes so easily to him maybe he should explain the rockingly mediocre output by None More Black. Sorry kids, I like a couple of songs off every album and a few are fantastic but it's not the 10 out of 10 most of their fans claim it is.

It is a damn shame because I had really enjoyed the Lagracia output thus far. Again, not shitting my pants over it but I was really excited to see what that band could do...and now he's digressed to NMB.

Attn: Jason,

You're a weird, weird, weird dude.

You'll play 5 shows w/ None More Black, quit. Then in a year or two you'll do a "one-off" Kid Dynamite reunion and I'll be stoked.

Then you'll go back to being weird and start another solo project or something.

It's cool, but you're weird.

xoxo,

Kirby

Attn: Jason,

You're a weird, weird, weird dude.

You'll play 5 shows w/ None More Black, quit. Then in a year or two you'll do a "one-off" Kid Dynamite reunion and I'll be stoked.

Then you'll go back to being weird and start another solo project or something.

It's cool, but you're weird.

xoxo,

Kirby

This pretty much sums it up.

This is definitely the same sentiment of what Dan Yemin announced after he quit Kid Dynamite and left them in the lurch...

the dude is s a flake, I'm still going to buy the Satire and the Legrecia LPs, but still, lame.

As a label owner too, I definitely know that feeling of a band breaking up while the record is at the pressing plant...like the bottom of your stomach drops out. fucking suuuucks.

Who has some free time and wants to make record release covers for this album and date them today?

Other options include:

1) The date of 00.00.00

2) A variant of the "Fuck Flood" cover (you figure out who to fuck)

3) A version the the Decsendents with "Everything Shevchuk"

C'mon, spend you're free time making something for me! Winner will receive up to $5ppd.

Who has some free time and wants to make record release covers for this album and date them today?

Other options include:

1) The date of 00.00.00

2) A variant of the "Fuck Flood" cover (you figure out who to fuck)

3) A version the the Decsendents with "Everything Shevchuk"

C'mon, spend you're free time making something for me! Winner will receive up to $5ppd.

ill take the Dencsendents variant. please.