LaGrecia Comes to an End Before They Begin

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin
Will the posters still be screenprinted?? Was looking forward to one of those.

nothing is changing as far as the release goes. The art and the music are still absolutely incredible and I think all deserve to be printed. Once this blows over, what will remain is one of the best records of 2008. Still sucks though.

From Jason, via the NMB blog on myspace

Sorry LaGrecia

Well,

I feel I should write a statement regarding my departure from LaGrecia.

LaGrecia formed in May of last year. By July, Dana and I found ourselves in a Romantic Relationship. The band rolled on at a good pace. It was fun. We had a fun summer.

I'll be the first to say that the winter months are difficult for me. Needless to say, if you are dating me, I'm not really always chipper.

Dana decided it would be a good idea to end our relationship in January. The band pressed on and ended up becoming more a burden and an awkward situation for me. How could it not. When your escape becomes your prison things can feel crazy.

I'm sorry Sal was caught in the middle.

I left the band in March with the intentions of never playing in a band again. NMB getting back together was never in the back of mind.

I sold a few of my guitars and my Vox AC30 which has been my main amp for years.

In April,

Colin came up to NYC to hang with Paul and I.

We had a great time, as we always do. We kicked around the idea of playing again on a casual level.

We sat on the idea for about a week. It excited me. I'm not sorry for that.

Yes,

I said I wanted to sell my gear.

Yes,

I sold my gear.

Yes,

NMB is going to be playing shows again.

Yes,

I went out bought louder gear so that I can play with my best friends again.

If you have a problem with it FUCK OFF!!!

Sorry LaGrecia

Well,

LaGrecia formed in May of last year. By July, Dana and I found ourselves in a Romantic Relationship. The band rolled on at a good pace. It was fun. We had a fun summer.

I'll be the first to say that the winter months are difficult for me. Needless to say, if you are dating me, I'm not really always chipper.

Dana decided it would be a good idea to end our relationship in January. The band pressed on and ended up becoming more a burden and an awkward situation for me. How could it not. When your escape becomes your prison things can feel crazy.

I left the band in March with the intentions of never playing in a band again. NMB getting back together was never in the back of mind.

I sold a few of my guitars and my Vox AC30 which has been my main amp for years.

In April,

We had a great time, as we always do. We kicked around the idea of playing again on a casual level.

Yes,

Yes,

I sold my gear.

Yes,

Yes,

Way to not apologize to Virgil!

Sorry LaGrecia

Well,

In April,

Yes,

Yes,

I sold my gear.

Yes,

Yes,

Rule number one: don't shit where you eat.

jay's one of my favorite vocalists. i mean he made kid dynamite PERFECT... i couldn't imagine them with any other singer. but this definitely tarnishes my view of him. it's too bad that they had to date and stuff like that, but what happened happened, and jay doesn't give a shit about what any of us feel or have to say about it. and that's the end of it.

Guest genericinsight
jay's one of my favorite vocalists. i mean he made kid dynamite PERFECT... i couldn't imagine them with any other singer. but this definitely tarnishes my view of him. it's too bad that they had to date and stuff like that, but what happened happened, and jay doesn't give a shit about what any of us feel or have to say about it. and that's the end of it.

well... LaGrecia IS still a new band, and I'm sure if you were in a band with someone that had just broken up with you it'd be awkward. If you had to choose between doing that, or being in a band with a bunch of people who are your friends... which would you choose? Maybe he feels people would much rather see NMB then a band that is still new and has been getting mixed reviews (overall it's seeming like people are very hit or miss on LaGrecia as opposed to NMB whom are overall very well liked...).

Plus, sometimes you need to do what's best for you ultimately.

I'm probably one of the few people who sees/understands Jason's point of view on this. Folks will disagree with me so for that I'm staying out of this from this point on.

well... LaGrecia IS still a new band, and I'm sure if you were in a band with someone that had just broken up with you it'd be awkward. If you had to choose between doing that, or being in a band with a bunch of people who are your friends... which would you choose? Maybe he feels people would much rather see NMB then a band that is still new and has been getting mixed reviews (overall it's seeming like people are very hit or miss on LaGrecia as opposed to NMB whom are overall very well liked...).

Plus, sometimes you need to do what's best for you ultimately.

I'm probably one of the few people who sees/understands Jason's point of view on this. Folks will disagree with me so for that I'm staying out of this from this point on.

definitely, i totally see what you're saying. but if you're gonna swear something off, make sure you mean it. especially since NMB wasn't in the picture at the time of la grecia--at all. as long as he's making music for himself and he's happy doing it, then fine. in fact, that's great, because i've loved most of what he's done. i'm just gonna wait for him to change his name to a symbol.