UNAFRAID TO BURN IN HELL :)

I'm officially signing up for this thread club. I've been a nontheist for around 16 years. I'm in Patton Oswalt's boat though, I don't care if you are religious or not. Sometimes extremists in religions are a burden to society, but for the most part religion is good for a lot of people psychologically. I personally revel the idea of not existing after I die. Seems like a burden to spend eternity anywhere.

Also, I've always thought the concepts of the devil, demons, and 666isms were funny and neat. I mean, it sounds Satanist to say (I'm not Satanist obviously, not even the Lavey kind), but why WOULDN'T I want to support the guy who takes joy in the human-nature-y things that make me happy (masturbating, gluttonism, laziness, etc.). Fucking love that guy.

<3

Again, if you are religious, that's cool too! (unless you're oppressive of any person or group of people; for example fighting against the right of homosexuals to marry...that's fucking stupid. Stop it now).

Also, I've always thought the concepts of the devil, demons, and 666isms were funny and neat. I mean, it sounds Satanist to say (I'm not Satanist obviously, not even the Lavey kind), but why WOULDN'T I want to support the guy who takes joy in the human-nature-y things that make me happy (masturbating, gluttonism, laziness, etc.). Fucking love that guy.

<3

Satin lives!

vunicXS.png

Again, if you are religious, that's cool too! (unless you're oppressive of any person or group of people; for example fighting against the right of homosexuals to marry...that's fucking stupid. Stop it now).

See I can actually understand people having religious objections to homosexuality.  I think their ideology is fucked, but I can get where their coming from.  

What I've been bashing my head against the wall about are the Tea Party members and general Right Wingers who are fighting against gay rights at a government level.  I've had to deal with a ton of them and it's really just making hate everything.  Arguing with them is just some of the most frusterating conversations of my life.

How is enacting anti-gay laws not "Big Government trying to run the lives it's citizens"?  If I question them on why government should intervene on marriage equality issues they will always bring up how being gay is a sin.  Which leads to the whole seperation of church and state.  I had one guy actually go on and on about how he is all for big government, as long as that government is the Church.

It's just infuriating dealing with people who believe that big government is evil when we are talking about Taxing corporations or enforcing EPA Regulations but believe in big government micromanaging an individuals personal life.

See I can actually understand people having religious objections to homosexuality.  I think their ideology is fucked, but I can get where their coming from.  

What I've been bashing my head against the wall about are the Tea Party members and general Right Wingers who are fighting against gay rights at a government level.  I've had to deal with a ton of them and it's really just making hate everything.  Arguing with them is just some of the most frusterating conversations of my life.

How is enacting anti-gay laws not "Big Government trying to run the lives it's citizens"?  If I question them on why government should intervene on marriage equality issues they will always bring up how being gay is a sin.  Which leads to the whole seperation of church and state.  I had one guy actually go on and on about how he is all for big government, as long as that government is the Church.

It's just infuriating dealing with people who believe that big government is evil when we are talking about Taxing corporations or enforcing EPA Regulations but believe in big government micromanaging an individuals personal life.

Yeah. I don't care at all if they think being gay is a sin, AS LONG AS they don't try to prevent a person with a seperate belief (e.g. homosexuality is NOT a sin) from doing anything that contradicts their beliefs. I know you get what I'm saying, because you already said this lol. But yeah- it's stupid. all the teabaggers are idiots when it comes to some of the beliefs they maintain. I try not to be judgemental, but they make it tough sometimes. I just hope that one day I can move to New Zealand, smoke a lot of weed and raise some sheep or something. I kind of hate this country. 'Murica!