FINALLY, some news on the first two Rentals albums!

I hope this doesn't count as spam, but I interviewed Matt Sharp of The Rentals last week, and got some info on the progress of releasing Return of the Rentals and Seven More Minutes on vinyl. Here's what he had to say: 

"Yeah, you know, I’ve been trying to do it for some time now, we’re trying to figure it out. The problem is that the first two Rentals records were done on Madonna’s label [Maverick], so it was under the umbrella of one of these huge corporations. And if you can imagine what it’s like trying to get a bill passed in government, it’s like all this weird … it’s impossible, it’s like going to DC and there’s a million people, and that’s what it’s like dealing with corporate entities. And so for us to get the record out of there is so daunting, but we’re trying, and I think we’re going to be able to do it. I just actually got a message from somebody [about it], so we’ve got some progress. The first one I definitely want to do. The original intent of Seven More Minutes was to have it be a longer record than it is. It’s already long, [laughs] so I was trying to figure out if we would actually release some sort of like, “Director’s Cut,” a version of the album where there’s like three or four more songs. So that could be fun to look into as well. But it’s the same thing—it’s trying to figure out who to talk to."

So there's some hope! If you're interested, check out the full interview here: http://badfeelingmag.com/2015/05/18/interview-matt-sharp-the-rentals/

Fuck yeah — I would buy the hell out these two records. I drove 3 hours to Detroit last night to see the Rentals and they were incredible, even for a small crowd (maybe 60 people). Go see them on this tour!

That's awesome, I would love to but they're not coming anywhere near here. I wonder if my Songs About Time VIP pass would still be valid.

• 1 year later...