PO Now - Useless ID - The Lost Broken Bones - Fat Repress

This ones a little weird. I'm not sure about other countries, but this is pretty easy to find in the US for $5.

Useless ID, longtime ambassadors of Middle East punk rock, will finally see a unified, worldwide release of The Lost Broken Bones, the fantastic but overlooked album that preceded their Fat debut, Symptoms. Initially made up of 12 tracks produced and recorded at The Blasting Room by Bill Stevenson and Jason Livermore, our reissue ofThe Lost Broken Bones also contains seven bonus tracks culled from the same era. The resulting collection is a fantastic blaze of front-and-center, immense sounding melodic punk. Read what Ishay Berger from Useless ID has to say about the release and their plans for the rest of the year:

“After releasing our final album for Kung Fu Records in 2005, we had our strongest album ready to go but had a hard time finding a label to put it out internationally. And so we ended up releasing The Lost Broken Bones on no less than 5 different record labels, with a pretty much different label for each territory. Some years passed and it became quite hard to get a copy of the album (a good lesson in quality vs. quantity) and so we cannot be more excited to announce that our amazing friends at Fat Wreck Chords will be re-releasing our 2008 album, with plenty of bonus tracks that did not appear on the original release. We are currently working on a new album and going to Japan with the Gorilla Biscuits this September! Then, we have another great tour in Europe booked which we’ll announce soon!

http://www.fatwreck.com/record/detail/946

I like this album, I always thought it was weird that years later a green variant came out of nowhere when red was always readily available. 

I think it was all pressed at the same time. Virgil had a habit of doing a 300/700 split when he pressed things, but this may have come out around his demise. Since his store wasn't up anymore and the majority of people bought the /300 red first it's easier to find. 

I got a test press for like $12.

I also discussed this with the band at one point since Virgil sells his copies on ebay periodically, but I don't think he responds to them, nor are they able to get any copies from him so I see where this could help them out, being able to sell the album on tour, but I'm not sure what Fat is getting out of it.

I think it was all pressed at the same time. Virgil had a habit of doing a 300/700 split when he pressed things, but this may have come out around his demise. Since his store wasn't up anymore and the majority of people bought the /300 red first it's easier to find. 

I got a test press for like $12.

I also discussed this with the band at one point since Virgil sells his copies on ebay periodically, but I don't think he responds to them, nor are they able to get any copies from him so I see where this could help them out, being able to sell the album on tour, but I'm not sure what Fat is getting out of it.

Yeah I think the red is /700 where the green is /300. I saw them live open for Lagwagon on a Fat tour recently and they signed my Symptoms vinyl. I have to say they put on a great show! 

Yeah I think the red is /700 where the green is /300. I saw them live open for Lagwagon on a Fat tour recently and they signed my Symptoms vinyl. I have to say they put on a great show! 

Yeah that was when I talked to them. It's the last time they were in the States. Hard to believe that was almost 2 years ago though.

Yotam lives in LA now and has done some solo touring.

• 1 month later...