The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I try and avoid weapon damage so I do a lot of dodging. I try to hang onto weapon/armor repair kits for dungeon crawls/main quests. You can unlock a perk that makes it so you don't take any damage while dodging. I've become a fan of the telekinetic blast, it'll usually knock a human on the ass and allows you to execute them with a single strike. I'd recommend looking into crafting oils, they come in handy with vampires. As far as loot goes I won't pick up junk or hides, just consumables, cash, master/relic items, diagrams, etc. I've noticed it's more beneficial to have "junk" dismantled opposed to selling it if you get weapons/armor crafted. Yes you can find good gear in the wild, but you can get much finer items if you get them crafted.

Level 6. Haven't seen a vamp yet. Made the mistake of not having a repair kit when I went into a cave with a witch looking for Ciri. Was able to get through it with a jacked up silver sword.

For the steel swords, I'm just hacking with them until they are finished and leaving them. They are just level 1-3 swords and you can easily replace them. I might be more careful when I get some better gear.

Level 6. Haven't seen a vamp yet. Made the mistake of not having a repair kit when I went into a cave with a witch looking for Ciri. Was able to get through it with a jacked up silver sword.

For the steel swords, I'm just hacking with them until they are finished and leaving them. They are just level 1-3 swords and you can easily replace them. I might be more careful when I get some better gear.

I just hit level 18 last night. Still haven't left Novigard, shit just keeps popping up haha.

Favorite thing to do is find treasure guarded by something ten or so levels above me. And run in and beeline to the cache and loot the fuck outta it. Level 4 and I've got an orange 3 gem steel and silver sword. Mmmm

Damn, might have to try this! Got a couple guarded by level ??? mobs that kill me in one hit.

Damn, might have to try this! Got a couple guarded by level ??? mobs that kill me in one hit.

Yep! Find one, save somewhere very nearby. Run in, locate the cache if it's hard to see. Reload your save after death and just run straight to it. Triangle is loot all so you don't have to grab each thing 1 by 1.

It was an old dark souls habit that I was thrilled paid off. Now when a ? On the map turns out to be a guarded treasure I am always psyched.

Still having fun but I maintain this is the glitchiest game I have ever played.

Last night I battled a bunch of humans for a while and then went into a building to collect some shit.

Must have missed one guy. He essentially kept running into the door of the building forever. I couldn't open it, couldn't hit him, and couldn't get out. Had to restart from last save, which cost me 15 minutes of fighting and trying to get out of that room.

Also had a fatal error (ie, shut down my

Ps4) the other day as I tried to pick up some quests from a notice board.

Still having fun but I maintain this is the glitchiest game I have ever played.

Last night I battled a bunch of humans for a while and then went into a building to collect some shit.

Must have missed one guy. He essentially kept running into the door of the building forever. I couldn't open it, couldn't hit him, and couldn't get out. Had to restart from last save, which cost me 15 minutes of fighting and trying to get out of that room.

Also had a fatal error (ie, shut down my

Ps4) the other day as I tried to pick up some quests from a notice board.

Maybe it's your install? I have had 0 problems. The one and only time an abandoned site didn't convert when I thought I had killed everything I meditated for :30 and woke up and the enemy was right next to me Ready to be killed.

Maybe try that next time?

I'm about five or six hours in, and man this is one hell of a game. Whoever said this is like Skyrim on steroids earlier in the thread was right. This game has everything I love about Skyrim and then some. The combat was pretty tough to get used to at first, but I think I've pretty much gotten the hang of it by now. I got to Visima (?) last night, but before I go too much further in the main story I am going to focus on getting some more side quests done.

As far as bugs and stuff, I haven't really noticed much yet, but then again I'm pretty early on into the game. Sometimes just moving Geralt around is tricky, like jumping onto ledges and jumping off them. Swimming can be a real bitch.

The worst part of the game is the idiotic horse that thinks a 30 step walk in the opposite direction from my navpoint is where I want to walk to get on him.

If you all don't know, if you get galloping on a pathway and just stop touching the steering stick the horse sticks to the path. Which, is the only good thing about that stupid horses programming.

I don't think it's just me given that the last time I made that comment Olsvik said he was having trouble with the horse galloping. I also have had that problem. The horse wants to completely stop 5 times when I'm trying to cross a bridge with it. Had to keep kickstarting it over and over.

There's also the video posted of the glitches where the bodies are all screwed up.

Maybe my experience has been on the upper end of issues experienced though.

The horse's movement is pretty clunky. I do agree, the way he can automatically follow trails is the best part about him. In fact, that's really the only thing I use him for. Fighting enemies while riding him is stupid.

Sometimes that butthole will run in circles around me while I'm fighting on foot and block my hits, although I dp suggest you try fighting while riding him. It's a little harder to land hits, but most are 1 strike kills.

Yep! Find one, save somewhere very nearby. Run in, locate the cache if it's hard to see. Reload your save after death and just run straight to it. Triangle is loot all so you don't have to grab each thing 1 by 1.

It was an old dark souls habit that I was thrilled paid off. Now when a ? On the map turns out to be a guarded treasure I am always psyched.

I wonder if this is a Playstation only type deal, I don't even get the prompt to loot until I defeat the mob guarding the treasure.

Not really.. gear is governed by your level. You can't use it until your properly levelled.

Also, some are tough to grab, but it just takes a little stealth and position. Using witcher sense and putting your sword away whenever you can seems to help. Idk it's fun to me and definitely doesn't break the game haha. You can't use op shit.

Not really.. gear is governed by your level. You can't use it until your properly levelled.

Also, some are tough to grab, but it just takes a little stealth and position. Using witcher sense and putting your sword away whenever you can seems to help. Idk it's fun to me and definitely doesn't break the game haha. You can't use op shit.

I support your choice to make the game your own! I definitely exploit shit when I can. I shoves that Wild Hunt solider into corner while fighting him with Keira. Dude couldn't reach me once I positioned him behind loot baskets, so I lite his ass up Igni and basic strikes!

Had 2 bugs today. One was a fatal error that shut the game down. The other time a fairly powerful monster just stood there and looked at me while I hacked him to pieces.

From a game design standpoint, it would be nice if you could highlight all the current quests on the map at once. The boards are huge and each quest tends to make you jump around for a while. Following one quest from start to finish takes a lot of traveling. Easier to pick the closest available but you have to cycle through them one by one and see where the orange circles are on the map (right?).

It's not that big of an issue once you have unlocked a whole bunch of fast travel signs, though. Debating just riding around and trying to get as many as possible, then going back to missions.

Small gripes aside, still enjoying the game a lot. Up to level 11.