The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Controls are kinda complex. Struggling to figure out the fighting out of the gate. I guess I'm supposed to just leave these drowner things alone for a while since I can't block them?

They're a pain in the ass in groups. Combat can be wonky, I suggest spending the time to craft bombs and potions that boost your attack power. The best part is that once you've concocted something it'll automatically refill when you mediate (given you're holding some type of alcohol). Also use your spells, that shield comes in handy and dodge with A and B consistently!

The sex plots in this game really weird me out but are pretty funny at the same time. I professed my love to Triss, did the deed, told her to wait for me at the Witcher school, then proceeded to smooth talk Yennifer into the sack (again). Can't wait for the inevitable shit show when all of Geralt's ladies get together.

The sex plots in this game really weird me out but are pretty funny at the same time. I professed my love to Triss, did the deed, told her to wait for me at the Witcher school, then proceeded to smooth talk Yennifer into the sack (again). Can't wait for the inevitable shit show when all of Geralt's ladies get together.

Can you blame him? He's got those beautiful flowing locks and eyes that say "I love you".

I haven't gotten to that stuff yet, I thought for sure he was going to 'have relations' with Keira when he finds her hideout. Not to sound weird but I'd argue those are the best digital boobs I've ever seen hahaha.

Also, this game is mostly about baths. Geralt loves a good bath!

Never played Skyrim or anything similar but getting the hang of this. Think I'm spending too much time trying to collect everything out of all the houses and a bunch of plants. It just seems like I'm picking up a bunch of garbage.

Haven't crafted anything yet so I don't know.

I only really pick up ingredients if they're a master/magic/relic, otherwise anything else you can buy from an herbalist or alchemist. All that shit isn't very heavy though, swords take up a lot of space. Also avoid animal hides, they're not worth much when resold.

im fucking garbage at this game. stuck in a cave fighting a golem with no potions or food or bombs. was just following the story and now im stuck here or I make a 30 minute trek back to the opening of the cave? i'll probably just start a new game for fucks sake.

That fight does indeed suck. Did you make a save before entering that corridor? I'd try and head back a ways and meditate if possible. I'm not sure if you can back track since you get there via Keira's teleportation doorways. Spam that shield spell and dodge don't roll! Rolling cost Stamina, dodging doesn't!

This is probably the glitchiest game I've ever played but I'm enjoying it.

My biggest gripe in the design of the game is that when you throw a waypoint on the map, it doesn't guide you there instead of the next quest location. Sometimes it's either hard to see through the brush and trees or there are cliffs that make it tough to know which direction to go.

There are a tonne of tiny glitches but far from the buggiest I have ever played. Mostly just a pain in the ass sometimes to control Geralt, especially the horse. I had a bug where the horse wouldn't gallop at all. And this one place with a broken bridge.. I was running, pressed jump but Geralt decides I wanted him to dive through the hole in the bridge instead, this happened twice. And yeah, the waypoint trail is pretty garbage.

Tip time:

If you fight humans while on your horse you can usually 1 hit kill them.

Also I found a secret cave on the hill side of Novigrad. You'll get diagrams/a treasure quest to build a full suit of Witcher armor from the school of the cat. You have to fight a level 14 Golem and devil worshiper guy, ye be warned!

mfuqsein.jpg

Lots of Skyrim hate is kinda surprising, I thought combat in that game was fantastic. The Witcher 3 continues to get crazier as I play, and also in a sense more overwhelming haha. I swear you go to do a quest and they you end up getting 3 more on the way. I'm only level 9 because I have been so busy with work, I could see this game lasting me the entire summer.

I still prefer Skyrim and Oblivion cant put my finger on why though...... The contolls are a bit touchy and glitchy sometimes. But still a solid game

That latest update was supposed to address some control issues, awesome to see CD Projekt Red put so much effort into maintaining this game.

[spoilerish]

I'm actually pretty bummed I put a lot of effort into romancing Triss because it seemed like she genuinely gave a shit about Geralt but alas she parted ways with him. I went back and looked at what dialog options would have kept her around but I want to play out the story I've set in place. I don't know much about Geralt's relationship with Yennefer so I'm not aiming to work that out but from what I've read it's a more ompelling relationship given their past is so turbulent.

Still loving the hell out of this, can't stop playing!

Edit: screw it, reloaded a save and worked it out with Triss. Geralt deserves some damn happiness in his horrible life!

I've been basically picking up every item. When I get overburdened, I sell a bunch of junk to a merchant. Try and buy as many spells and unique stuff as I can from them. Not much of an alchemist. Basically trying to just keep a couple of everything I find. That kinda how other people are playing it?

The fight logic behind the enemies is pretty dumb. It's like you hit a wall and they just stop. Then you can sit there and cast spells, hit them a couple times, and retreat without ever really being in danger. Also if you can isolate a guy and get him away from the group, you can just pound attack until they are dead. They block a ton so your steel sword gets destroyed, but you can just pick up another pretty easily. I guess I just think the game would be better with some smarter logic (guys try and stay near their base but at the same time, don't hit a wall where they just stop and stare at you).

I've been basically picking up every item. When I get overburdened, I sell a bunch of junk to a merchant. Try and buy as many spells and unique stuff as I can from them. Not much of an alchemist. Basically trying to just keep a couple of everything I find. That kinda how other people are playing it?

The fight logic behind the enemies is pretty dumb. It's like you hit a wall and they just stop. Then you can sit there and cast spells, hit them a couple times, and retreat without ever really being in danger. Also if you can isolate a guy and get him away from the group, you can just pound attack until they are dead. They block a ton so your steel sword gets destroyed, but you can just pick up another pretty easily. I guess I just think the game would be better with some smarter logic (guys try and stay near their base but at the same time, don't hit a wall where they just stop and stare at you).

I try and avoid weapon damage so I do a lot of dodging. I try to hang onto weapon/armor repair kits for dungeon crawls/main quests. You can unlock a perk that makes it so you don't take any damage while dodging. I've become a fan of the telekinetic blast, it'll usually knock a human on the ass and allows you to execute them with a single strike. I'd recommend looking into crafting oils, they come in handy with vampires. As far as loot goes I won't pick up junk or hides, just consumables, cash, master/relic items, diagrams, etc. I've noticed it's more beneficial to have "junk" dismantled opposed to selling it if you get weapons/armor crafted. Yes you can find good gear in the wild, but you can get much finer items if you get them crafted.