Shipping a hockey stick - Which carrier is the best?

Hey guys, does anyone have advice on shipping a hockey stick?  It's packed extremely well, but what service do you use for shipping?  I checked rates on UPS.com and it was about $80 to send a 4lb package across the country.   Any thoughts?  I can't imagine it costing $80 to ship hockey sticks, nobody would play!

UPS's prices are more based on dimensions than weight, so I could imagine them charging a large amount for a package that size. Your best bet would be through USPS. Priority Mail shouldn't be more than $25.

Thanks. I'll check it out, I just couldnt believe that a 4lb CCM Pro stick would cost more to ship than a Gibson Les Paul. 

Thanks guys, got it out for $32.

Since you collect sticks, this was a game used , autographed CCM Alex Ovechkin stick....

Can I ask what you paid/sold it for?

Recently went to an equipment sale for the ECHL team we had here. A few years ago I went to the sale and got a pair of gloves for $30, RBK 8K helmet w/ $70 half shield basically new for $30, and a new CCM U+ CL stick for $80. Seems like they've been promoting these sales to fans as collectors items more now and this year I got a not as gently used CCM V06 helmet w/ half shield for $50 and a CCM RBZ stick for $110. I needed the half shield (and gave the helmet to my cousin) so that was what I went after first. Then I went to the sticks and it looked like the collectors scooped up all the used ones. The RBZ was pretty much the only one left because it was new.

Can I ask what you paid/sold it for?

Recently went to an equipment sale for the ECHL team we had here. A few years ago I went to the sale and got a pair of gloves for $30, RBK 8K helmet w/ $70 half shield basically new for $30, and a new CCM U+ CL stick for $80. Seems like they've been promoting these sales to fans as collectors items more now and this year I got a not as gently used CCM V06 helmet w/ half shield for $50 and a CCM RBZ stick for $110. I needed the half shield (and gave the helmet to my cousin) so that was what I went after first. Then I went to the sticks and it looked like the collectors scooped up all the used ones. The RBZ was pretty much the only one left because it was new.

I helped with the Caps equipment sale in 2012, I got it, and another for $40 I believe. Very cheap. They sell them at the arena for $600. My connection at the team offered to have both sticks autographed for me after morning skate later that year.

I helped with the Caps equipment sale in 2012, I got it, and another for $40 I believe. Very cheap. They sell them at the arena for $600. My connection at the team offered to have both sticks autographed for me after morning skate later that year.

Well damn. Cool story. My uncle is a dentist. One of the Devils old trainers used to come to him. On a Saturday morning trainer calls him about his daughter having a toothache so my uncle is like yeah no problem I'll meet you at the office in an hour. Meets him, fixes up the girl, guys like "What do I owe you?" My uncle says not to worry about it. Monday morning guy shows up at the office with Brodeur's stick signed.