PO Now: Metavari - Oh Diane 7' EP (from MOMR)

d6975994-76c9-4a84-9624-ae1fba91fc8b.jpg

Metavari  //  New 7" EP  //  Preorders Soon!   Electro/Pop Darlings Grace Us With More New Material

Mind Over Matter Records is thrilled to welcome one of our favorite recording groups to the family!  If you are somehow unfamiliar with the self-released LP Moonless that Metavari put out into the world last year, you are doing yourself a great disservice!  Equal parts dreamy and dancy, mindful and whimsical, nostalgic and relevant, their sound is a giant breath of fresh air in a musical landscape in which many artists fear to branch out and try something new!

Fortunately for us, Metavari was quick to have more material ready for anyone who is willing to listen.  This new 7" EP follows in the sonic footsteps of Moonless, but also gives us a fun little twist!  Titled Oh Diane, this EP is sonically and lyrically themed around the hit television show Twin Peaks.  Every aspect of this release has some sort of nod to the show and even the physical product will beckon the listener to dig deeper to find hidden messages, deeper meanings and lots of fun surprises!

This release has the following stats:
* Limited to only 200 copies
* Two color variants - solid white and solid black
* The jacket is our own little twist on a Stoughton-style "tip-on" jacket...but for a 7" record!  
* Screen printed inside of the jacket while the rest of the artwork is "wrapped" to complete the tip-on feel
* A vellum slip cover to finish everything off
* Each 7" will come with two screen printed mini posters, one designed by Nate Utesch (Metavari) and one designed by Mat Franklin (Cadaver Dogs/The Skulx)

These records will be available for preorder in the coming weeks and will be available both digitally and physically on (or before) September 11th, 2015%

We have a little teaser up on the site right now so that you can get a glimpse as to the majesty of what Oh Diane is all about!

http://www.mindovermatterrecords.com/

• 4 weeks later...

I've gotta go to bed because I work early in the morning, but I have been up late gathering everything together for our preorder launch tomorrow.

Check out the full single, "Oh Diane" here:

https://youtu.be/nL0vFH21EZs

For this guy, I decided to use "pearlescent" vellum...which is something I've never heard of nor seen in real life.  IT KICKS TOTAL ASS.  I don't know if I'll ever get a good photo of it, so you'll have to pick one up to see for yourself.

I've also got a little teaser pic of the release for everyone (I'll take better ones over the weekend, but since you're VC and whatnot, I figure you don't mind seeing my cutting table in the background for right now):

MOM023_TeaserPic.jpg

Also, check out the fun artwork that I did for the test presses.  Each one was hand die-cut and numbered out of 16 copies:

MOM023_TestPic.jpg

Preorders go live in the morning, but the video is live now.  Go check it out and tell me what you think!

• 3 weeks later...

Let's bring this one back, because this 7" is beautiful!

Everyone who ordered should have received their copies by now, and I decided to send out THREE test presses this time around...especially since WTTP decided that they didn't actually want to post about the release after we had already advertised it.  Ha!

If you haven't checked it out yet, the full 7" is streaming over at our bandcamp and you can steal it if you want to:

https://mindovermatterrecords.bandcamp.com