The best Of Nicktoons - Zavvi Exclusive - 400 only

If you really do work at zavvi, would you be down to answer some questions (either here or via PM), mostly regarding the flow of information about upcoming releases?

Zavvi is in dire need of some actual presence in online communities, I know there is some communication on hidefninja, but only behind closed doors and info is always presented indirectly. Places like this (meaning VC) only work well when the communication goes both ways, so if you starting threads on here will result in some actual conversation and interaction from zavvi, I welcome it wholeheartedly. If not, if the idea is to only use it as ad space, you'll find that this place will reject it quickly.

Not really a job worth making up, so yes, I do work for Zavvi! Happy to communicate via here, whatever you need. Can do so on an open forum if needs be. What would you like to know?

Happy to communicate via here, whatever you need. Can do so on an open forum if needs be. What would you like to know?

Awesome, glad to hear this. I guess it would be cool to know how things started and what the plans are, the first exclusive (the Iron Man OST, at least I think that was the first one) came pretty much out of the blue, but now it seems like you guys are looking at making this a more common occurrence. Is it a deal between Zavvi and Silva Screen (Iron Man and T2) or will there be other labels involved in the "zavvi exlusive" line? No idea who's behind the Nicktoons release, maybe there already are :)

And seriously, what's the deal with that "sold out" button? It appears you personally dislike it as well, and it has been a major annoyance ever since the zavvi exclusive steelbooks started back in 2013, yet it still hasn't been addressed. Are folks over there aware and it just isn't possible to replace it with a "coming soon" one or is it just an issue that hasn't been brought up enough to be looked at/fixed?

Also, do you work exclusively with vinyl, or do you have insight into the steelbook projects as well? That's where the major issues with publicly available info come from, with things like "is American Psycho still happening" or "will the upcoming Iron Man steelbook be available without the zbox". Might not really be the best thread to discuss this, but more of a suggestion, even a simple facebook post saying "it's still coming" or "the IM steel will/won't be available separately" would really help.

Not really a job worth making up, so yes, I do work for Zavvi! Happy to communicate via here, whatever you need. Can do so on an open forum if needs be. What would you like to know?

Thanks for coming in and answering questions. 

(Try your best to ignore the thread derailers who hate anything released by ETR.)

Awesome, glad to hear this. I guess it would be cool to know how things started and what the plans are, the first exclusive (the Iron Man OST, at least I think that was the first one) came pretty much out of the blue, but now it seems like you guys are looking at making this a more common occurrence. Is it a deal between Zavvi and Silva Screen (Iron Man and T2) or will there be other labels involved in the "zavvi exlusive" line? No idea who's behind the Nicktoons release, maybe there already are :)

And seriously, what's the deal with that "sold out" button? It appears you personally dislike it as well, and it has been a major annoyance ever since the zavvi exclusive steelbooks started back in 2013, yet it still hasn't been addressed. Are folks over there aware and it just isn't possible to replace it with a "coming soon" one or is it just an issue that hasn't been brought up enough to be looked at/fixed?

Also, do you work exclusively with vinyl, or do you have insight into the steelbook projects as well? That's where the major issues with publicly available info come from, with things like "is American Psycho still happening" or "will the upcoming Iron Man steelbook be available without the zbox". Might not really be the best thread to discuss this, but more of a suggestion, even a simple facebook post saying "it's still coming" or "the IM steel will/won't be available separately" would really help.

Sure.

I ran the Steelbook programme for 2 years which started with Roger Rabbit. Needing to do something else, I launched the ZBOX and started looking into vinyl due to a personal interest in it. Still deal with certain labels on steelbooks, but don't want to bore people talking about that here. In answer to your 2 questions though, Iron Man - No plans to but stock will dictate this. AP - yes, 26th October off the top of my head. We have fed this out to various forum's, there is just not one place that everyone uses unfortunately.

No deal with Silva Screen, they are just nice people. Would love to do more and am actively looking into it.

Sold Out button - crap, constant frustration, looking at changing it, not as easy as you'd imagine getting it prioritised and has wider functionality issues!

Let me know any other issues

Sure.

I ran the Steelbook programme for 2 years which started with Roger Rabbit. Needing to do something else, I launched the ZBOX and started looking into vinyl due to a personal interest in it. Still deal with certain labels on steelbooks, but don't want to bore people talking about that here. In answer to your 2 questions though, Iron Man - No plans to but stock will dictate this. AP - yes, 26th October off the top of my head. We have fed this out to various forum's, there is just not one place that everyone uses unfortunately.

No deal with Silva Screen, they are just nice people. Would love to do more and am actively looking into it.

Sold Out button - crap, constant frustration, looking at changing it, not as easy as you'd imagine getting it prioritised and has wider functionality issues!

Let me know any other issues

Hello,

I am from the US and it was impossible for me to order the -red- Iron Man soundtrack. The user above Slinch was friendly enough to help me out and order it for me, and then I payed him.

It seems Zavvi does not take PayPal (-accounts from the US- which would make ordering easier) so I had to try to enter my Credit Card number on your site (which I do not like doing on the Internet) and it still did not work. 

So frankly I just do not bother with your site anymore and I have just decided to take my chances and order from sellers aftermarket on Discogs, it is just MUCH easier that way. 

Also, your email customer service is lacking. 

Awesome man, thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it!

I am really glad that zavvi's interest in vinyl comes from a place of fandom, which is essential if it wants to become recognizable in this market.

Definitely stick around here, and maybe check out this thread to see what fellow OST fans love and what might benefit from getting a UK pressing/distribution: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/86848-official-ost-and-film-score-thread/

Hello,

I am from the US and it was impossible for me to order the -red- Iron Man soundtrack. The user above Slinch was friendly enough to help me out and order it for me, and then I payed him.

It seems Zavvi does not take PayPal (-accounts from the US- which would make ordering easier) so I had to try to enter my Credit Card number on your site (which I do not like doing on the Internet) and it still did not work. 

So frankly I just do not bother with your site anymore and I have just decided to take my chances and order from sellers aftermarket on Discogs, it is just MUCH easier that way. 

Also, your email customer service is lacking. 

Hi,

sorry to hear. There should be no issues with American paypal, let me know the message you get when attempting to pay and I'll get it investigated. CC's should be fine too, bar diners club.

Thanks

Awesome man, thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it!

I am really glad that zavvi's interest in vinyl comes from a place of fandom, which is essential if it wants to become recognizable in this market.

Definitely stick around here, and maybe check out this thread to see what fellow OST fans love and what might benefit from getting a UK pressing/distribution: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/86848-official-ost-and-film-score-thread/

No worries. Any further questions let me know. Will keep an eye on that thread, really useful.