Makeout Videotape - Yin Yang

What guy? I need to talk about a replacement.

There is an instagram link on Thurs/Fri club website that takes you to his instagram page. I don't know if I'd get my hopes up on a replacement. I've followed him a bit to try and snag Weird Meats but he hasn't answered any questions about that. He also told other people that there weren't any copies left and they weren't repressing any as of now or the immediate future. I think it was also distributed by Omnian Group, so I don't know how that will work???

There is an instagram link on Thurs/Fri club website that takes you to his instagram page. I don't know if I'd get my hopes up on a replacement. I've followed him a bit to try and snag Weird Meats but he hasn't answered any questions about that. He also told other people that there weren't any copies left and they weren't repressing any as of now or the immediate future. I think it was also distributed by Omnian Group, so I don't know how that will work???

I emailed Om.

This Thursday Friday guy is a dick!

He seemed pretty short at times with people asking questions on his instagram page which I didn't understand. I thought his sense of humor was pretty funny to me but at the same time, I couldn't understand why he was so short with people that were buying a product he was selling. Sorry you had an undesirable experience duder. 

I asked about a refund. He said, "Hahaa you tried selling it on Instagram." I told him yes because I figured I wouldn't get a replacement or refund. I told him I'd send it back if I got a refund. He said, "Unfortunately we don't accept returns or refunds." I told him the product is faulty and said I'll file a claim. He said, "Absolutly! File a claim." What a jerk.

all that over one quick pop?  its an imperfect medium.  I get the disappointment but i also get the frustrations small indie label types must have to deal with.  If everyone who had a click/pop or noise on a new pressing asked for a refund/replacement the labels would sink so fast.

maybe it wasnt handled as best it could have been by both parties involved, but he was open with their policies and seemed pretty okay with your threat to file a claim.

I thought records were supposed to be fun?!

It had a scratch. Would you like a scratch on your record when it arrived to you?

Mine had a scratch too, I considered emailing them to replace it but I ended up being to lazy and not writing the email. After listening through a few times I let it go because it didn't really affect the playback. I was still kinda pissed though. When I open a sealed record, I expect it to be scratch free.

Mine had a scratch too, I considered emailing them to replace it but I ended up being to lazy and not writing the email. After listening through a few times I let it go because it didn't really affect the playback. I was still kinda pissed though. When I open a sealed record, I expect it to be scratch free.

I'll keep mine because I dig anything DeMarco and this is the only option for this album. I absolutely love this jam and its not worth the hassle. Personally, I'll keep mine imperfections and all with no complaints but I don't think its unreasonable to expect a record scratch free. I understand the guy doesn't have more but he really doesn't help matters with the tone he uses with people. He's pretty condescending and rude to a lot of people from what I've seen, that's what bothers me the most.

IF IT DOESNT AFFECT PLAYBACK WHO GIVES A FUCK, Dr. Zissou.

I can hear where the scratch is, it's just not that noticeable to the point where I want to email the guy and send him photos. It doesn't affect playback in the sense that the records skips or that there's some horrible noise. But when i opened the record the first thing I saw was a noticeable scratch on each side. I'm just saying, when I buy a new record, I expect it to be scratch free. I don't think that's asking that much. 

It had a scratch. Would you like a scratch on your record when it arrived to you?

no, i wouldnt.  but if its one pop, like you've described.. i'd probably roll with it.  If it repeated over the whole side or more than a couple spins, then yeah.. bigger issue.   If I did have the desire to contact the label and they told me no refunds or replacements (dont blame em) then i'd accept that and move on.  don't see anything dickish about that.  just my opinion.

if you expect perfection every time (almost) best to stick to CDs and digital?