PO: Sheer – Uneasy (FFO: Pity Sex, Galaxie 500)

Hey guys,

Sheer is the newest band to join The Native Sound. We just announced their debut record Uneasy, and Noisey premiered their music video for the title track. I hope you guys dig it! Pre-order at bit.ly/sheeruneasy

More info:

Part shoegaze, part 90s-alternative and grunge, Uneasy is the debut album and inaugural release from Simi Valley’s Sheer. Formed in the summer of 2014, quickly becoming a staple in the greater LA scene, Sheer channel an earnestness redolent to that of mid-90s emo and indie rock, while primarily occupying a reverb-induced space suggestive of Galaxie 500 and The Jesus And Mary Chain.

While Uneasy introduces the band as one with a kinship for catchy, pop-informed melodies, their focus relies most heavily on building evocative and emotive soundscapes. Uneasy will be released on November 20th on limited edition cassette tapes, and digital download and streaming outlets.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bumping as the title track (imo) is not reflective of this album as a whole - each track is different, could stand alone, and pulls from so many influences - so don't be skeered off you shoegaze/ postshoegaze and indie fans :) Some really good growers on this album. I look forward to every listen.

Hopefully will get vinyl treatment one day and they keep on writing, gain some support for touring outside of CA

Bumping since the 1st cassettes are now oop, and they have put a 2nd run of /100 on the Native Sound site.

This is such an amazing record -- Gina's vocals are just perfection in whatever genre a given track falls into - but the emotive shoegazey vocals turn me to water. So so good.  :wub:

Glad everyone's so into the record!

TL;DR: Second press on the way, first press back in stock. Order at: bit.ly/sheeruneasy

Here's an update:

Second press, on Pink shells (out of 100), are up for pre-order and shipping this week. We also have more Translucent Green and Dark Blue copies available. When the plant shipped the second pressing, they mistakenly repressed them on the colors of the first pressing. They're sending us the Pink copies now, but we're keeping the initial incorrect order. 

So, the first press is now larger, and available again. Translucent Green is now limited to 40 (originally 20), and the Dark Blue is now limited to 160 (originally 80). I know this is confusing. But, if you missed out on the first press, it's available again!

• 1 month later...