PO: Adele - 25

They really need to find a way to prevent scalpers from buying tix.  The shit on StubHub, ebay etc is just batshit ridiculous.  It really ruins these rare chances to see someone like this.

Yes, it's definitely a problem which is really unfortunate.  I'm concerned b/c tomorrow AC/DC tickets go on sale, they're my favorite band, and I'll be crushed if the same thing happens and I'm not able to get tickets.  I think the demand for those will be much lower than Adele, but still, with scalpers buying tickets up it's hard to say what will happen.

Literally tried 3 different time zones worth of shows and same shit each time even though I was there as soon as they went on sale.  Sit in "line", then it let's you choose tix, then you wait, then it says "sorry no tix available".  I don't get how anyone is even able to get one ticket.  Even scalpers.

I was surprised with my luck - got through right at 10am for Best Available but then thought do I really want to spend $175 per ticket? So tried again and got decent seats for $75 each. 

Agreed that I'm not sure how scalpers are going to get around the whole credit card entry aspect (though my upper level seats are actually ticketed and not CC entry)

i got really lucky for nashville.  my wife ended up third row in one of the lower level sections between the two stages.  i had row 5 in a corner lower level section that i had in my cart until my wife's transaction went through.  released them back after about 10 minutes.  i'm sure someone was pretty stoked.

Ok now the bragging is starting to get to me haha. How about some more losers like me come in here and weep? Let's go cry to the frickin album together and wash our sorrows away with our shared tears!

I got you bud. Was hoping to snag a pair to give to my lady for Christmas. Would have made the trip up to Boston or down to NY. That's 7 possible shows and I still got nothing. It would make me prove I'm not a robot over and over even though I was doing it correctly. Then I kept getting bad gateway pages. Oh well, at least enough people got tickets to have them on stubhub for 300+ at 11am :D

I got you bud. Was hoping to snag a pair to give to my lady for Christmas. Would have made the trip up to Boston or down to NY. That's 7 possible shows and I still got nothing. It would make me prove I'm not a robot over and over even though I was doing it correctly. Then I kept getting bad gateway pages. Oh well, at least enough people got tickets to have them on stubhub for 300+ at 11am :D

I'm sorry to hear...but thank you haha.  I literally tried for every time zone as they went up.  Wanted to make the trip from Ohio to NYC or Philly, but then once that didn't work I was ready to settle for anything in the country, even if it cost a shit ton to get there.  

I kept having that captcha thing or whatever do the same to me.  So annoying.  Not that it would have mattered.  I wish people would just say screw you to the scalpers and leave them all with their tickets.  Too bad people are already going ape shit on ebay for them.  

Even though I'd rather see Adele in an arena setting, I almost wish she would do an outdoor tour that can hold so much more than an arena.  

If you weren't using the mobile app you didn't stand much chance.

As for how scalpers get around the ticketless option - I've read that they purchase with single use pre-loaded credit cards and then send it along to the buyer. A bit risky, but all the venues usually do is swipe the card used for the purchase (no ID).

For everyone that got shut out - keep trying, ESPECIALLY as the show date draws near. Often the best seats in the house are released in the 48 hours before a show, after they get the stage set up and realized they can fit a few more seats.

Lots of times the promoters get the first 20 rows or so and give them away to the corporate suits, or scalp them directly. We have Congress to thank for the Live Nation / Ticketmaster merger years ago. That allowed a lot of this crap to happen.

not sure if you've seen this or not, but from the UK and how shady the ticket business is: