PO: The 1975 new album and UK Presale access

Did anyone get the Amazon white copy, that can comment on the sound (pun slightly intended)?

Amazon is currently the cheapest place to get the album, but since it's white, I don't want to get a sub-par sounding copy to save a few bucks

I bought both the white and clear - waiting for them to come in - so I can report back once I get them! :)

Finally have this a listen yesterday (CD copy), and it's definitely really good. BUT I feel like their first album had wayyyy more stand-out tracks.

Then again, this is only my first thought after just one listen. I'm sure it'll change. At this point I'm just not sure it's worth for me to spend so much on a vinyl copy.

Looks like full album pink cassettes have surfaced but apparently I can't buy them from the USA.

Anyone able to snag me one and I'll reimburse cost+shipping? 

https://store.universalmusic.com/the1975/*/*/I-like-it-when-you-sleep-for-you-are-so-beautiful-yet-so-unaware-of-it-Cassette-Album/547P0000000

Looks like full album pink cassettes have surfaced but apparently I can't buy them from the USA.

Anyone able to snag me one and I'll reimburse cost+shipping? 

https://store.universalmusic.com/the1975/*/*/I-like-it-when-you-sleep-for-you-are-so-beautiful-yet-so-unaware-of-it-Cassette-Album/547P0000000

Available as an Urban Outfitters exclusive:

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=38907804&category=MUSIC-CASSETTES

The first album is available too.

True but then the radio button to select shows black. I dunno. I figure if it was pink it'd say so like the UK universal store does

What they say the color is vs. what it actually is correspond about 30% of the time. I can't imagine they'd have different variants for different territories. It will probably be pink.

BanquetRecords.com has signed copies of the LP right now that ship to the US for only $8 USD or so more than US Amazon is charging for their white, in case anyone's interested in a signed copy on (I assume) clear. 

http://www.banquetrecords.com/4767014

When I first clicked on the link it said 14 copies left...now it says 284. The couldn't have that many signed copies, can they? Would hate to order and get an unsigned copy and an "Oops, sorry!"

Box Set review below...

been trying to post photos of my box set but not having any luck finding an image hosting service whose links are allowed on this board. At this point i figure everyone's seen its contents, so I kinda gave up. If anyone is on the fence and wants to see, I can email... let me know.

I really like the way they laid the box out, FWIW. Each piece fits into a pocket of cardboard that sits on top of each other in layers, if that makes sense. Cd at the bottom, then the book on top of it, then the vinyl on top of that, followed by the letter at the top just underneath the box lid, all contained within the lift off pink plastic case (sadly the corner of my case came a bit cracked).

My vinyl is milky clear (not crystal clear like their previous vinyl releases have been). No streaks of black. Vinyl sounds good! 

The book was a little underwhelming. Mostly just b/w photos of varying degree of quality. Not anything I will likely feel compelled to look at again.

The A4 letter that is included in the box is a Seuss-esque bit of rhyming prose printed on white paper in pink ink and is a personal note from Matt Healy. He nods to the lyric "Don't You Mind" from the song "Me" on Music For Cars, which is apparently one of his favorites (they often still play it live). 

I like the way he accomplished the nod: "The things inside this box, you'll find, are very similar to "Don't You Mind." He also includes the original drawing of the EQ settings they sent everyone via postcard if you were in their snail mail database, saying "...for that's the sound this sound should sound." 

I guess some might say the box isn't worth the pricetag. The letter was the coolest bit of it. I sort of expected it might be signed but it is not (don't really care, but some may).

So yeah, that's my quick little review of the box set. The pink plastic case certainly makes it stand out on the shelf of my collection and i think it's great collectors piece if that's your thing. 

id love to see photos! tinypic allows links here. i was wondering if the boxset vinyl would be "ultra" clear vs the milky clear in the retail copies based on the photos on their webstore. guess not.

OK here you go. You'll have to turn your head sideways for most of them, it looks like--Tinypic's UI is seriously dogshit :) Also I guess I didn't take a photo of the book. I can tonight if you want. 

qovpch.jpg

5vc10k.jpg

167t2k7.jpg

315ewr7.jpg

9bg4d3.jpg

And now one of it spinning on my new (to me) set up--I recently upgraded from a Rega RP1 with acryllic platter and Ortofon 2m Red to a Pro-Ject Xpression III with acryllic and Ortofon 2m Blue. She siiiiiiiings! But now of course I want a better phono preamp to really hear all the things and feel all the feels...ugh. The struggle never ends. 

akk1nd.jpg