Poker Collective (Join us for a classy VC Poker Night)

So I'm having an issue folks. Pokerstars wouldn't open without making me download the latest version of the software. I have a super old mac still running snow leopard and its saying I need at least 10.7 (lion) to run the new pokerstars software. My computer can't handle the upgrade to Lion. Any advice? I can't seem to find the last version of PS to download and don't know if it will even let me. 

It won't let me open it without 10.7 or better. :(

That's dumb. Hopefully your computer can take the upgrade. I don't know enough about macs to help further. Not sure if they have a compatibility mode when launching programs, that can get around stuff like that.

That's dumb. Hopefully your computer can take the upgrade. I don't know enough about macs to help further. Not sure if they have a compatibility mode when launching programs, that can get around stuff like that.

Yeah I'm not sure either. All I can seem to find is 10.7.5 and I can't download it. I need to just find regular OS X 10.7

Yeah I'm not sure either. All I can seem to find is 10.7.5 and I can't download it. I need to just find regular OS X 10.7

Best to ask Matt on that, since he has a Mac too.

Well guys, looks like pokerstars 6 has been discontinued to pokerstars 7. I can't run pokerstars 7 without os x 10.7 or higher. I need 2GB of memory to run 10.7 which I don't have. Looks like I'm fucked until I can get a new laptop :)

Do you know what kind of RAM your laptop takes? I have 2 2gb sticks laying around.

Well guys, looks like pokerstars 6 has been discontinued to pokerstars 7. I can't run pokerstars 7 without os x 10.7 or higher. I need 2GB of memory to run 10.7 which I don't have. Looks like I'm fucked until I can get a new laptop :)

I have one from 2009 that's got a 2.4Ghz Core2Duo, 4GB RAM, 300ishGB HDD, and 256mb dedicated VRAM. If you want it it is yours for shipping assuming it still works, I'd have to test it out and do a clean install of Windows or OSX, your call

I know nothing about any of this haha. I think buzzerson is also a mod on pokerstars so he can create the game for you guys. Unless I can borrow anyone's laptop in the next day :(

PM/text me your model # and such on it, and I'll check what it takes (if it can take more RAM) when I get home. If it's the same stuff I have, I'll send you it for free.