tell me of record stores in these areas

if by nebraska, you mean Omaha then you got tons of options.

I would really only suggest going downtown as there are three of the best places for records all within walking distance.

1. The Antiquarium

2. Drastic Plastic

3. Homer's

i would recommend them in that order too...

i also went to a couple in Des Moines, IA, but i cant remember the names...i think one was Z's Records or something. It was close to downtown, and it seemed to have a good selection.

nebraska.

OMAHA

Drastic Plastic - used to be awesome, has gone downhill a lot over the last couple years. less used stuff, more expensive. but still a "punk" record store. right downtown in the old market district.

The Antiquarium - just a block away or two, in teh same old market district. one of my favorite record stores in the country. always has some good stuff, and has a HUGE selection of both new and used. its really cheap too. not that they are clueless, they still price to rarity, but definitely underpriced. tons of used 7"s for a buck or two. plus they have tons of new closeout stuff at like 4-6 bucks for brand new lps. overstock, and stuff from the 90s that never sold. they have everything from punk to jazz to mainstream to hip hop

Zero Street - the new guy in town. moved from lincoln. surprisingly good. not the biggest selection, but definitely growing, and is a better bet than drastic plastic at this point in my opinion. not too many amazing gems there, but everything is very cheap. lots of indie. less hardcore/screamo whatever. its off of 72nd and maple (i think its like 66th and maple is the cross street).

i keep hearing of some huge store in council bluffs with TONS of stuff, but its uncategorized and all the punkish type stuff is mixed in with oldies and stuff. apparently you can find some decent stuff, but you gotta spend hours looking through crap. kingsville or kanesville or something? never been there cause it closes early.

there is also a couple of homer's records and tapes. but they dont carry much vinyl. its the place youll find the latest arcade fire, or radiohead vinyl but not much more. nothing used from what i remember.

LINCOLN

Recycled Sounds - right downtown on O street and 11th? 9th? i forget. lots and lots of stuff. hella overpriced, but if you are willing to pay, they probably have it. boxes and boxes of rare 7"s, but not the store for the flipper. just the collector with a few extra bucks in their pocket. used LPs start at 8 bucks and go up from there. but if you like 90s alternative/indie type stuff and have a fat wallet this place is heaven.

Backtrack Records - on cotner blvd. never been there myself, just found out about it, but from the looks of their website they are an overpriced 80's and earlier store. they are one of those stores that rins everything through ebay first though.

Spindle Records - downtown just a block or two from recycled sounds. half indie dvd rental store, half record store. not much of a selection. hardly any used, small new section. ive found a couple things there, but never more than 2 or 3 records in a trip. lots of hipster indie stuff.

there is also a homers in lincoln too. never been though, cause i dont usually go into that kind of a "record" store.

IOWA

DES MOINES

Zzz Records - i have always heard great things about this place. so on a trip to illinois i stopped. all the way off the interstate and into town. looked promising with all the punk posters up and hardcore type things on the wall. couldnt have been more disappointed. the "punk" section was filled with adam ant, the b52s, siouxsie and the banshees, etc. not worth the half hour i added onto my trip. maybe its good for someone else.

Twisted Metal Records - on 9th street. didnt know about this last time i was in town, only when i was bitching about Zzz's to a friend. sounds more promising.

there is also another homers in urbandale.

IOWA CITY

Record Collector Inc - another one of those stores that runs everything through ebay. i hate record stores like that. so i try not to give them my business. the one time i was in there they had a few things for pretty crazy prices. if you like hipster indie and have the $$$ you may like it.

Real CDs and Records - way more cds than vinyl. not much in the way of used vinyl, but pretty much anything new as far as "indie" or "punk" that you could look for as long as its not too obscure, and available from a standard one stop. pretty much all lps.

they told me about another record store on the edge of town, or in a suburb or something, with weird hours that has a small punk selection. didnt have time to look it up though.

Discount Records - on dubuque. only if you like jazz. but if you like jazz, this is your place.

Adam And Eve's music shop - tons of vinyl. not much for "punk" and if you find something, youve been looking for a while.

Colorado:

Boulder

Bart's Cd Cellar

-their vinyl section is the entire upstairs, the guy who runs it is pretty cool, I usually find some sweet grabs in the used section. The have a large new section as well. Overall a great store

Albums On the Hill

-smaller vinyl section than Barts and its mostly used, the new vinyl doesn't get updated very often

Denver

(all of these are on or near Colfax)

Twist and Shout

-hands down my favorite record store. huge vinyl section full of used and new. Lots of new and used 7" in good condition as opposed to most stores. Highly reccommend you go here

Wax Trax

-another great store, I haven't been for a while as I usually just go to Twist and Shout, but I remember good things

Independent Records

-also a fine store, I haven't checked out the vinyl section though

there's a couple other ones too, like Cheapo and Jerry's Record Exchange which I haven't checked out yet. There's a store in Arvada too apparently, but i don't know if they have vinyl