Records you got at the fest.

mrc

Just got back from the fest, and with the vinyl flea market, no idea sale, and all the bands that had records you had to find sonething. what did you come home with?

I got:

Chuck Ragan - Old Disel 7" like a burnt clear color vinyl Its a goldish/clear

Dear Landlords / Off with their heads - split 7" gray vinyl

Dry County 7" black vinyl

O Pioneers / The Measures 7" black vinyl

O Pioneers / By the end of tonight - 7" clear vinyl

Young Livers - new era LP test press <- no idea sale

Dillinger Four - this shit is genius LP clear vinyl

Hot Water Music - Live at the hardback LP clear vinyl

The Jombenet - Ugly/heartless LP black vinyl

i think that is about it. what did you get?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest havenhurst
Just got back from the fest, and with the vinyl flea market, no idea sale, and all the bands that had records you had to find sonething. what did you come home with?

I got:

Chuck Ragan - Old Disel 7" like a burnt clear color vinyk

how much for the YL tp?

the test press was 20.00.

the no idea sale was insane. i got there early and there was about 30 people there. i just wiggled my way in and grabbed a few items. They had a big box of test presses (tons of 7") but it was behind the table and i guess they were going to put some TPs out randomly or something. I dont know how they had it set up, but i noticed the young livers sitting on top and i got lucky and he let me grab it beofre they put the TPs out for display.

when i paid and was leaving the line just to look at the vinyl selection was down the driveway and around the coner. it was crazy. at least 50-100 people in line. maybe less/more i dont know it was early.

Chuck Ragan - Old Disel 7" like a burnt clear color vinyk

Could you snap a picture?

Well, i took the 7" out of the wax paper sleeve and it looks more yellowish/gold. i guess when i looked thru the sleeve it looked like a different color. oh well. sorry to get you excited over nothing. the pictures i took dont capture the real color... looks really yellow in the photo. let me know if you still want to see pics.

I got to the Fest a little late so I didn't hit the yard sale or the flea market. I did get a couple Defiance, Ohio records. Upstairs/Downstairs by The Ergs! and their split with the Grabass Charlestons. I also got some Ruiner, Young Widows, This Bike is a Pipe Bomb. Oh, and two Municipal Waste albums. Municipal Waste destroyed the Fest. They were amazing.

I got to the Fest a little late so I didn't hit the yard sale or the flea market. I did get a couple Defiance, Ohio records. Upstairs/Downstairs by The Ergs! and their split with the Grabass Charlestons. I also got some Ruiner, Young Widows, This Bike is a Pipe Bomb. Oh, and two Municipal Waste albums. Municipal Waste destroyed the Fest. They were amazing.

Which Young Widows stuff did you get?

Settle Down City on black

Those guys were rad, but they just make me miss Breather Resist even more.

Guest conoley

MRC - you must have been there when I was there because I was waiting for it to open. I'll post what I grabbed when I get home, but it includes a Feast and Famine test press. What!!!

MRC - you must have been there when I was there because I was waiting for it to open. I'll post what I grabbed when I get home, but it includes a Feast and Famine test press. What!!!

Did you get to look thru the test press box? or did you just ask for that album? I should have just started naming albums and see what they had. And it was awesome they took credit cards.

Kirbypuckett and I headed down there around 1:15 and had to wait for nearly an hour (partially in the rain) before the line progressed to the point where we could even begin browsing. Absolutely insane.

Here's what I picked up from both the No Idea sale and a few distros/merch tables. I didn't check colors of anything until I got home a few hours ago:

7-INCHES

Four Star Alarm - Tilted (etched B-side, 122/550)

The Valley Arena - Kick The Ceiling (on cream)

The Blood Brothers - Ambulance Vs. Ambulance (on purple)

Against Me! - The Disco Before The Breakdown (on clear orange)

Chuck Ragan - Ole Diesel (on "beer")

The Draft - We'll Never Know (on dull purple)

Off With Their Heads/Dear Landlord - split (I didn't knowingly buy this -- either it accidentally got lumped in with my stuff at the NIR sale or they threw one in for free -- it's on black with a small white flare, kinda like that new Crime In Stereo LP only not as pronounced)

10-INCHES

Twelve Hour Turn - The Victory Of Flight (on pink)

Cursive - Art Is Hard/The Recluse (picture disc, /2750)

LPS

Twelve Hour Turn - Perfect Progress, Perfect Destruction (black w/blank black labels -- European Tour edition)

Hot Water Music - Live At The Hardback (on grey)

Hot Water Music - Never Ender (LP1 on pink/purple/not sure, LP2 on yellow)

Strikeforce Diablo - The Albatross And The Architect (on white)

Chuck Ragan - Los Feliz (on purple)

Look Mexico - This Is Animal Music

Settle Down City on black

Those guys were rad, but they just make me miss Breather Resist even more.

really? I think YM is waaaaaay better than BR. the only song I really liked of theirs was the song with the looped bass line that is like track 9 on 'Charmer'.

I got:

LPs:

J Church "Society is a Carnivorous Flower" Test Press(No Idea Sale...all proceeds are going to Lance's Fund, also my favorite J Church full length.)

7"s:

Jud Jud "the Demos" test pressing(No Idea Sale, just because owning crazy shit like this, for this band is hilarious to me)

Off with Their Heads / Four Letter Word(orange)

Four Letter Word "Staring Down the Barrell" (really lite clear green/dark bottle glass color)

North Lincoln / You Me and the Atom Bomb (black)

Chuck Ragan "Ole Diesel"(the controvertial...Beer color?)

CDs:(gasp! ...no I didn't! yes! yes, I did!)

In the Red "Volume 1"

Lemuria "First Collection"

Four Letter Word "Zero Visibility"

Cro(w)s "Durty Bunny"(for free! cause i sent Alex Panthro UK copies of the Pegboy tribute comp like 4 months ago and he felt bad for never writing me back, yes!!!)

the Siren Six "the Voice With a Built in Promise"(used)

I got:

Chuck Ragan - Old Disel 7" like a burnt clear color vinyl Its a goldish/clear

Did i sell you the JB records?

eric the red told me he met you, i told him to point u out to me if he saw you again

7"

riot before/broadway calls-purple

The Ergs-Books about miles davis

riot before-black

bridge and tunnel-TEST pressing

Chuck-ole diesel(beer?)

Draft-well never know-Mustard

Withes with dicks-fest pressing 1/25

New bruises/stoles bike-Burgandy?

12"

The holdsteady-almost killed me

Im also getting a free test pressing of

A flight and a crash from var for throwing myself into a giant pile of pizza boxes.

seriously not a joke