Record Store recommendations Kansas City/Overland Park/Lawrence Kansas?

Might be moving to the area. Looks like there are about a dozen or so shops to choose from.

I am looking for any recommendations. Anyone from this area or spent much time in this area?

Love Garden in Lawrence looks good.

Josey Records in KC looks huge (6500 sq ft).

As is everyone, I am looking for a good selection, diverse genres to pick from, and reasonable prices.

Yeah, Mills Record Co, Love Garden and Josey are probably going to be your best bet.  They are all larger stores with a wide range of things to choose from.  I would just start there and then check out some of the other stores also.  I grew up in KC and relocated out to Portland, OR about 4 months ago.  I miss all these old places but Portland has plenty of new options to keep me busy.  Happy hunting in KC.  What area are you moving to?  I noticed you mentioned Overland Park in your title....you will not find any record stores in that area.

Thanks for all the info. BrainGilliams it looks like there is one shop in Overland, and they happen to be an authorized Rega dealer. Which is good for me, because I use a Rega. I don't think I will be moving there exactly, expensive housing in OP. Probably outside KC on the MO side is more likely. That shop looks good in Grandview, but I don't mind driving 30 minutes to go to some others, Josie, Mills, etc. Currently, my nearest local shop is 250 miles away.

Thanks for all the info. BrainGilliams it looks like there is one shop in Overland, and they happen to be an authorized Rega dealer. Which is good for me, because I use a Rega. I don't think I will be moving there exactly, expensive housing in OP. Probably outside KC on the MO side is more likely. That shop looks good in Grandview, but I don't mind driving 30 minutes to go to some others, Josie, Mills, etc. Currently, my nearest local shop is 250 miles away.

Oh yeah, that's right!  I totally forgot they moved that Vinyl Renaissance store.  Yeah, that store in Overland Park used to be across town in the Shawnee/Mission area but they relocated a couple years ago.  They are a great shop for equipment and repairs but their record selection isn't the greatest.  They have 3 different locations....2 of them on the MO side.  There are a handful of great neighborhoods on the MO side that you might enjoy living.  Check out the Brookside, Waldo, Westport, and River Market areas...those are some of my favorite areas.

Oh yeah, that's right!  I totally forgot they moved that Vinyl Renaissance store.  Yeah, that store in Overland Park used to be across town in the Shawnee/Mission area but they relocated a couple years ago.  They are a great shop for equipment and repairs but their record selection isn't the greatest.  They have 3 different locations....2 of them on the MO side.  There are a handful of great neighborhoods on the MO side that you might enjoy living.  Check out the Brookside, Waldo, Westport, and River Market areas...those are some of my favorite areas.

Rad. Thanks for the tips. I was looking into Brookside already. Will check out those other places.