PO: Biffy Clyro - Ellipsis LP

8 hours ago, colbourne25 said:

Maniacs store (AU). And just got notification that it will be delivered today. This is awesome! Normally here in Australia i'm waiting a week or so after release date with artists from overseas. Will Post pictures once i've received it :)

Please do :-)

And maybe confirm if the two bonus tracks are on the vinyl edt in the box set? 

5 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

These reviews worry me as the few I've read all state there's little to no big change in style from its predecessor.

The stuff I've heard so far is quite similar to opposites, whit a few exceptions. So more of the same, and hopefully not as many fillers as on opposites. A bit weird though, as Simon said that this album will be very different 

Got my dispatch notification on my Wolves Of Winter 7" so that should land tomorrow even if the box doesn't. Probably go pick up the CD version along with some records tomorrow so I can have it on release day. 

I share your bemusement. After the probable 2 year tour cycle is concluded they need to really think hard about making a more substantial change because if things stay on their current trajectory the old school will stop caring(those who haven't already).

48 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Got my dispatch notification on my Wolves Of Winter 7" so that should land tomorrow even if the box doesn't. Probably go pick up the CD version along with some records tomorrow so I can have it on release day. 

I share your bemusement. After the probable 2 year tour cycle is concluded they need to really think hard about making a more substantial change because if things stay on their current trajectory the old school will stop caring(those who haven't already).

I think this might be the point where I'm out. I was close after Only Revolutions, but thought Opposites was pretty awesome. There was a bit of filler but I found I could excuse the big 'pop'-ish songs that I didn't love for the weirdness of some of the others. What I've heard from this just sounds...bland? And there doesn't seem to be a lot of variation, which was another thing I loved about Opposites. Still waiting to listen in full before I commit to an order.

10 minutes ago, Quake1028 said:

Any more info on this?

Not on amazon.co.uk yet but I noticed Norman records have it. Don't know if it is identical to the RSD print my friend ordered one so might be able to check dead wax etc. after it arrives. Not sure if it's made its way onto any US/international sites yet.

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/152731-biffy-clyro-puzzle-

37 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

I can only speak to the RSD 2015 edition and I don't think it had a download card. I'll check my copy tonight and if it has one I can PM you it.

The RSD release didn't have a download code. Can't speak for the new release, other than it's supposed to be similar to the rsd version

No idea. Can't seem to find info about it on any record stores or on the bands own website. I know those who ordered the deluxe should be getting sent downloads on release day. The thing that strikes me as odd is if you pre-order the album on vinyl direct from the bands website they automatically send you three songs digitally, guess people who pick up copies tomorrow may have answers for you though....

Edited by Stress On The Sky