you top 10+ LP's artwork !

for me,

Converge : Jane Doe (gatefold)

Most Precious Blood : Our Lady of Annihilation

Everytime I Die : Gutter Phoenomenon (from box set)

Mastodon : Leviathan

Hope Conspiracy : Death Knows Your Name (gatefold)

Thursday : Full Collapse

Sublime : Self Titled (althrough it's only press on picture disc)

Pig Destroyer : Terrifyer

Some Girls : Heaven Pregnant Teens

NOFX : Heavy Petting Zoo

maybe post more.

yes ! this is top 10+..you can make a list as much as you think....

I'm always surprised at the kind of people that like Sublime. I don't get it personally.

I do have a cool Sublime CD though. It's got my full name printed right on it. It's part of their watermarking system so reviewers can't post music on the Internet without the record company finding out who did it. I hate the band, but it's kind of neat. A one-of-a-kind CD.

You are my favorite poster. Hands down.

I'll put together a list tomorrow. I might take photos if possible.

although...Sublime? BLAH

thanks,jacobe.

i taken sublime in my list because i grew up with this band.i start to listen to punk rock music in 1996 and i very love that era...many good punk rock bands.

i choosend that because i wanna pay respect to Brad James Nowell.... :)

and don't forget to tell me what's your favourite album covers too.

i think many of people here always take LP to see the artwork....like me.

let's make this bring to see the artwork time funny.... ;D

Off the top of my head, Planes Mistaken for Stars "Mercy" I really liked the cover art.... even though its on the infamous "no idea grey"

i agree,i delete MERCY from my head before replace by Thusrday : Full Collapse.

i love this thursday cover because i love minimalism design.

my occupation is designer.

:)

I really dig the whole little "at the party" story going on in the Saves the Day "through being cool" LP. Sure it's just staged photos and not exactly "artsy" but hillarious none the less.

Back in high school I worshiped that album. I loved everything about it especially the artwork. And in high school we where going to do an album artwork as a parody of that album artwork and name the cd "Putting the Fun Back In Funeral". It was going to put a play on their artwork. Our cd cover was going to be the band looking sad and bored in front of a coffin in a church. And then inside we where going to have someone getting late to the funeral and someone not caring. And then the main part was going to be the trying to find Dave part of the artwork but Dave was going to be dead, weekend at bernies style. At the end finding Davels body at the end in a party hat and propped up. Luckly, We didn't do the idea, just for fear of bad taste and no one getting the through being cool parody. Sorry if it made no sense, I am so tired after 4th of July and I have a crazy headache.

[image]

this thing -- in it's entireity, opened up -- is awesome.

[image]

ps was right, this thing is gorgeous

[image]

if you've seen this thing in real life you get it.

also, arcade fire's "neon bible" lp is great. blood brothers "young machetes" has awesome art (and great music). chuck ragan's "do you pray" 7" has nice photos. as far as packaging goes, no lp can match the decemberists "picaresque," which has a 24 page photo album-style booklet and bonus tracks galore. hot water music's "alachua" single is really nice too, but i love all of their art. murder by death's latest evokes the seven circles of hell quite nicely. okkervil river's "black sheep boy" is a favourite -- i'm looking at getting tattoos of some of it, but there are incredibly complex pieces on there. william schaff is a brilliant artist. and i don't own it, but the picture disc 3xlp of tool's "lateralus" is jaw-dropping in every way.

Guest conoley

I think I am the only one who is really bummed out by the new Murder by Death artwork. The picture is too low res, doesn't work for me

It's not an LP cover, but the US cd cover for Coral Fang from The Distillers is AWESOME. Everyone knows what the regular copy of the CD/LP looks like, the chick on the cross...

for the US release since the cover was banned they used a bright yellow thing with animals and cute stuff.. Such irony, sarcasm and all... I love it.

i can't believe i forgot my favourite thing ever:

[image]

i know autographs are inherently lame and not punk rock, but my brother got the boys to sign this on the 'caution' True Bromance tour they did with Bouncing Souls -- the night after i spent all of my extra cash seeing them a couple nights before halfway across the country. best birthday present ever. and the colours are on the rarer side too, i think.

i can't believe i forgot my favourite thing ever:

[image]

i know autographs are inherently lame and not punk rock, but my brother got the boys to sign this on the 'caution' True Bromance tour they did with Bouncing Souls -- the night after i spent all of my extra cash seeing them a couple nights before halfway across the country. best birthday present ever. and the colours are on the rarer side too, i think.

awesome ! :o

yea, autographs are totally not lame. I have 2 of my alkaline trio LPs signed, and on my "From here to infirmary" LP they all drew all over it, on their faces and stuff, it's pretty awesome.

as far as art, I really like the guy that does the work for None More Black and Mastodon (same dude, 2 way different bands). I forget his name, but his set up and execution are killer.