Greenville, SC - Horizon Records - RSD Question

Well this was spooky to see on the front page.

Ironically I've been in Greenville for 7 years and have only been in town for RSD once and only had time to go to Earshot when it was still around. Never been to Cabin Floor, only just now heard of it, I'll have to check it out. But now that Earshot is gone and Horizon is the primary store in the area, I'd say you should expect a pretty big crowd. My girlfriend went last year and said she got there about 10 minutes before open and there were maybe 40 people in line.

That being said, I've been a couple times soon after RSD and they still have a pretty solid stock of the less limited exclusives. I was looking for 2 limited 7"s last year and found them both there after the fact. So if you're trying to nab some doorbuster releases, you're probably going to want to get there early, but if you're not the first one there you may not be out of luck. My recommendation would be to call and ask how many copies they'll have of whatever you're looking for. They're good folks, they'll help you out.

There's 2 other places that sell records in town, Mr. K's and 2nd & Charles. They're both used book stores that have a limited amount of used/new vinyl and I doubt they'll have any RSD exclusives (there's a small chance 2nd&C might) but they will almost certainly have some sort of sale if you're just looking for deals.

Ironically I've been in Greenville for 7 years and have only been in town for RSD once and only had time to go to Earshot when it was still around. Never been to Cabin Floor, only just now heard of it, I'll have to check it out. But now that Earshot is gone and Horizon is the primary store in the area, I'd say you should expect a pretty big crowd. My girlfriend went last year and said she got there about 10 minutes before open and there were maybe 40 people in line.

That being said, I've been a couple times soon after RSD and they still have a pretty solid stock of the less limited exclusives. I was looking for 2 limited 7"s last year and found them both there after the fact. So if you're trying to nab some doorbuster releases, you're probably going to want to get there early, but if you're not the first one there you may not be out of luck. My recommendation would be to call and ask how many copies they'll have of whatever you're looking for. They're good folks, they'll help you out.

There's 2 other places that sell records in town, Mr. K's and 2nd & Charles. They're both used book stores that have a limited amount of used/new vinyl and I doubt they'll have any RSD exclusives (there's a small chance 2nd&C might) but they will almost certainly have some sort of sale if you're just looking for deals.

Has Earshot totally folded as a company? They opened a store here in Charleston that maybe only lasted a year.

Gonna message you later. Sounds like you'll have the info I'm looking for.

Has Earshot totally folded as a company? They opened a store here in Charleston that maybe only lasted a year.

As far as I know, the one in Winston is still open. Not sure what happened with them. They moved to a smaller location here a year or two ago and things seemed to go downhill for them. Shame, they always had great selection of new stuff and Horizon was a good balance with used and harder to find stuff.

Horizon is the best store hands down. Earshot has folded in Greenville and cabin floor does not take part in RSD if I recall and would not go there if they did. Multiple bad experiences. People start lining up around 6:00-6:30AM at Horizon. Once the doors open, they let everyone in starting with the front of the line.

Honestly, I wouldn't go anywhere else in Greenville. Gene, who runs it, is a great guy who puts a lot of effort into running the place and keeping a rock solid stock of used and new vinyl as well as in putting together in-store appearances. He's been there for 35-40 years and for good reason.

My two cents...