HELP! Need website(s) to post vinyl reviews on...

Hey, guys.

I am sure some of you guys write vinyl reviews on websites and I am trying to look for an "in". I write for two publications in Dallas, mainly in the music section for the Dallas Observer (http://www.dallasobserver.com/authors/juan-vargas-6435138). I am trying to review some releases for my friend Jay and his label Private Records. Is there anyone out there who could get me the hooked-up with any "vinyl review" websites? I want to review two of his releases so he can post the links on his Facebook. Can anyone help me out please? If you can get me in, I can write a review ASAP and include photos!

Start up a nice blog or SquareSpace site and post a handful of your writing and mix in the reviews.  Unless you plan on getting your reviews on a big, well-known site with clout, a review on your own blog/writing site is going to hold the same weight for most people as a review on coolvinylreviews.biz or someone else's blog.

1 hour ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Hey, guys.

I am sure some of you guys write vinyl reviews on websites and I am trying to look for an "in". I write for two publications in Dallas, mainly in the music section for the Dallas Observer (http://www.dallasobserver.com/authors/juan-vargas-6435138). I am trying to review some releases for my friend Jay and his label Private Records. Is there anyone out there who could get me the hooked-up with any "vinyl review" websites? I want to review two of his releases so he can post the links on his Facebook. Can anyone help me out please? If you can get me in, I can write a review ASAP and include photos!

If your sole purpose is to create promotional materials for your friend, and your only reviews are specifically geared towards promotion of a specific label, I have a feeling that it might be a bit difficult to be taken too seriously. If you truly do support and enjoy the music, you can still write something and share it with the label, so as to make it a bit more transparent. Or as others have pointed out, use different blogging sites to share. I used Medium recently to write something and couldn't believe how nice and simple the layout is, and everything looks pretty without much effort.

3 hours ago, Sidney Crosley said:

If your sole purpose is to create promotional materials for your friend, and your only reviews are specifically geared towards promotion of a specific label, I have a feeling that it might be a bit difficult to be taken too seriously. If you truly do support and enjoy the music, you can still write something and share it with the label, so as to make it a bit more transparent. Or as others have pointed out, use different blogging sites to share. I used Medium recently to write something and couldn't believe how nice and simple the layout is, and everything looks pretty without much effort.

Thanks. Actually, I think the releases are incredible. I will also mention things I would have liked to see improved and add constructive commentary on the product. Overall, it would be to mainly give insight into records that a lot of people may not know about, but would probably have a high level of interest in. I'm going to post vinyl reviews on my website, but it would be nice if I could get something published on a site that gets a little traffic. Not asking for a big website, just something bigger than my website.